Academic Reinstatement ProcessPage address: http://www.mnsu.edu/acadaf/academic_reinstatement_process.html
Academic Reinstatement due to Academic Suspension Process
Carefully read all the instructions below before starting your reinstatement application. Applications for Reinstatement must be submitted to the Office of the Provost by 4PM CST on the deadline date. Incomplete or late applications will not be reviewed.
Generally, students on academic suspension cannot enroll in classes for one year (3 semesters, including summer), and then they apply to return through reinstatement processes. Students with documentable extenuating circumstances can apply sooner than one year away via early reinstatement processes.
Reinstatement (after one year - 3 semesters, including summer)
Deadline: 45 days before semester you are seeking reinstatement
- Fall 2019 - Friday, July 12, 2019
- Spring 2020 - Friday, November 30 (note: this is a University holiday, but your application materials can still be submitted - make sure you start this process in advance)
- Summer 2020 - Friday, April 3, 2020
- Fall 2020 - Friday, July 10, 2020
Follow the steps outlined below:
- Contact the college of your intended major (see below) to schedule an academic reinstatement appointment. We recommend you do this at least two weeks before the reinstatement deadline.
- During your appointment, you work with an advisor to complete an Academic Plan of Study.
- After your appointment, check your email for the Application for Reinstatement.
- Complete the application, and submit it before the deadline noted above.
- Continue to check your email for notification about the status of your application.
Please see the list of college advising offices/centers below. If you do not know the college of your major, click on the college link for a list of majors in that college. If you are undecided about your major, work with New Student & Family Programs.
|College Advising Offices||Phone Number|
School of Nursing
Undecided (New Student & Family Programs)
Early Reinstatement with Extenuating Circumstances
Deadline: 14 days before the semester you are seeking reinstatement
- Summer 2019 (second summer session) - Monday, June 10, 2019
- Fall 2019 - Monday, August 12, 2019
- Spring 2020 - Monday, December 30, 2019
Follow the steps outlined below:
- Applications for early reinstatement are not encouraged unless you had documentable extenuating circumstances (situations outside of your control - such as severe medical conditions or a death in the family) that affected your ability to make academic progress.
- If you had an extenuating circumstance, you complete an Application for Early Reinstatement from Academic Suspension. If you do not attach some form of documentation for consideration for early reinstatement, your application will be considered incomplete and will not be reviewed. You will be encouraged to go through the reinstatement process after one year. If you have medical extenuating circumstances, you are encouraged to have the Medical Verification Form completed by your healthcare provider.
- Complete the application, and submit before the deadline noted above.
- Continue to check your email about the status of your application.