Notetaking ServicesPage address: http://www.mnsu.edu/access/current/accommodations/notes.html
Students who are limited in their ability to independently take effective notes in class for some disability-related reason may be eligible for notetaking services. Students must meet with Accessibility Resources to determine if notetaking service is an appropriate accommodation.
- Students requesting notetaking services must have supporting documentation on file in Accessibility Resources. Once documentation is received, the student must make an appointment to make an academic accommodation plan.
- Students must fill out a blue notetaking request form. (See example) Accessibility Resources staff can assist students in filling out forms if needed. Additional forms are available outside the Accessibility Resources office door in a turn carrel.
- Students should complete and return the request form(s) prior to the start of the semester or soon thereafter. Forms can be returned by mail, fax (389-1199) or dropped off in Accessibility Resources at 132 Memorial Library.
- Accessibility Resources staff will attempt to find a note taker as soon as possible. Accessibility Resources will ask the professor to announce the need for a note taker each class period until one is found. This is a confidential process. The note taker is given the name of the student needing the service only with the student's authorization. The student needing note taking services must inform Accessibility Resources staff if an announcement is not being made in his/her class. Accessibility Resources staff will follow up with the professor to secure a note taker. Notes will be provided in one of these forms: NCR copy, paper copy, or e-mailed.
- Notetaking services are NOT a substitute for class attendance. You are required to attend class and take the best notes you can, participate in discussions, collect handouts, etc.
- Students receiving note taking services must inform Accessibility Resources when they drop a class or if they have concerns with the adequacy of the service.
- Please see the example of a completed notetaking form.