Register or Update your OrganizationPage address: http://www.mnsu.edu/activities/rso/registering_an_rso.html
Annual Recognition Process:
Student Organizations go through a recognition process at the begining of each academic year if they wish to be a 'Recognized Student Organization' (RSO) at Minnesota State University, Mankato.
Spring 2016 Deadlines
- Recognition will begin Monday, January 11 and end Friday, January 22.
To be eligible you must have:
- An organization name
- A minimum of 5 members
- An Advisor- must be faculty or staff member
- A constitution for your organization
Steps for Spring 2016 Recognition:
1. Student representative must submit all required materials on OrgSync between January 11 at midnight and January 22 at 5pm.
- “Required materials” are: a current constitution and a current roster. Roster must include at least 5 members and MNSU identifiers for members. MNSU identifiers are either email addresses or tech ID’s.
- A current administrator of your organization's portal will need to grant you administrator privileges if you don't have them already. If there is no current administrator to grant you privileges, contact Lindsay or Ashley.
2. President must join Recognized Student Organizations – Executive Members portal on OrgSync by January 22 at 5pm.
3. President must complete online training and quiz by January 22 at 5pm.
- Note, the quiz will close at 5pm on January 22. Please be aware of the time it will take you to read the materials and complete the quiz. The quiz must be completed before the time the form closes, or your RSO will NOT be recognized. Think of D2L dropboxes closing – this quiz works the same way.
4. President must attend Spring meeting on Tuesday, January 19 at 7pm in CSU 245.
- If President is unable to attend, notify Ashley or Lindsay as soon as possible. Our hope is that each President will make this a priority, as attendance is an expectation that must be met for recognition.
Benefits of Recognition:
- Eligible for FREE use of meeting space on campus
- Eligible for FREE use of tabling space across campus for recruitment and event promotional efforts
- Eligible to apply for funding from Student Government
- Eligible for a storage locker within the RSO Clubhouse (CSU 170-located within Student Activities space)
- Access to FREE sandwhich boards for advertising events
- Access to popcorn and icy machines for events or promotion of events
- FREE use of 'Creation Station' space in Student Activities (CSU 173)- markers, paper, scissors, glue, and more
- On-Campus Mailbox within Student Activities
- FREE .mnsu email address
Ready to Submit on OrgSync:
Long-standing organization- click here.
Newly created organization- click here.