Apply NowPage address: http://www.mnsu.edu/admissions/applynow.html
You're on your way! Use this page to either apply online or by mail. And know that we're here to help at any point in the process. Be sure to contact us with any questions.
Completed applications, paper or online, must be submitted with all required materials no less than five (5) working days prior to the start of classes. Under certain circumstances the University may institute an earlier priority admission deadline.
To Apply Online
First Year Students:
- Request that an official high school transcript and your ACT score be sent to the Office of Admissions.
- If you have earned credits at a college or university, request official transcripts from those institutions to be sent to the Office of Admissions after you have completed your last course.
- If you do not have 24 completed college level credits at the time of application, or have only attended a technical college, submit your high school transcript and ACT score.
- Request that official transcripts from ALL post-secondary institutions be sent directly to the Office of Admissions.
Send your transcripts and any other required documents to:
Minnesota State University, Mankato
Office of Admissions
122 Taylor Center
Mankato, MN 56001
- first year student application form
- transfer student application form
- international student application form
Please note that your answers to the application questions regarding residency and citizenship impact the tuition rate you will be charged.
Anyone with military experience must apply as a transfer student. Please visit the Veterans Resource Center for information about veterans' assistance on our campus.
If after applying you need to make changes to your basic information (such as phone number, address, intended major), there is no need to re-apply. Just call Admissions at 800-722-0544 and changes can be made over the phone.
Immunization Form (Not required during admission. Applicants will be notified after admission if the form is applicable.)
If you have been admitted to the university for a previous semester but have not yet enrolled in courses, you must re-submit an application for admission in order to register for classes. You do NOT need to pay the application fee again if you have already paid it. Contact the Office of Admissions if you have questions at 507-389-1822 or email@example.com.
The Minnesota State University, Mankato Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available for your review. This report is required by federal law and contains policy statements and crime statistics for the University. The policy statements address the school's policies, procedures and programs concerning safety and security. Three years' worth of statistics are included for certain types of crimes that were reported to have occured on-campus, or in other University affiliated locations. This report is available online. You may request a paper copy from University Security at 507-389-2111 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Placement & Occupational Outlook for Majors are available at www.mnsu.edu/cdc/ (Click on Resources and then Graduate Statistics.)