shortcut to content
Minnesota State University, Mankato
Minnesota State University, Mankato

How will my credits transfer?

Page address:

In order to have previous college credits evaluated at Minnesota State Mankato you must be accepted to the university. After you receive your acceptance letter you will receive your Degree Audit Report (DARS) from the Registrar’s Office within 10 business days.

Your DARS report explains how your credits have been accepted and applied to Minnesota State Mankato’s general education requirements. Individual academic departments determine how your credits transfer to meet the requirements of your major.

TransferologyEstimate Your Transferred Credits

Students simply need to create an account and sign in as a registered user at Once signed in, student can select from a large group of colleges and universities listed on the site to see how courses will transfer to Minnesota State University, Mankato. If you have further questions please contact our transfer staff in the Admissions Office at 507-389-1822.

Articulation Agreements

Articulation Agreements are formal agreements between Minnesota State University, Mankato and other colleges and universities to accept transfer courses for specific programs. Please visit the Minnesota Transfer website to learn more.

College Credit While in High School

Minnesota State Mankato awards academic credit through the International Baccalaureate program; the College Level Examination Program; the Advanced Placement Course Equivalency program; and the World Language Proficiency Levels

PSEO and Concurrent Enrollment credits will be evaluated on an individual basis. Official transcripts from each post-secondary institution issuing college credit are required for credit evaluation. Students are responsible for contacting their registrar from their PSEO or Concurrent Enrollment institution and have the transcript(s) sent to Minnesota State University, Mankato. 

Though a student may come to Minnesota State University, Mankato with college credit earned, they will be considered a "First Year Student" for all admission and administrative purposes. This is because the college credits are earned before graduating from high school. For high school students that have earned academic credit, and other college level credit, please submit grades and official transcripts to:

Office of Admissions
Minnesota State University, Mankato
122 Taylor Center
Mankato, MN 56001

Non-U.S. Colleges and Universities

We require all students who are hoping to transfer courses from a university outside of the U.S. to have their coursework evaluated by a professional credit evaluation agency. There are several agencies in the U.S., but we use ECE. The rates for all of the agencies are about the same. For more information go to the Educational Credential Evaluators website. They also provide an online application for credit evaluation. Which ECE evaluation you provide to us depends on what major you will be studying here. Computer science, other sciences, engineering and math majors should request the "subject analysis". All other majors should request the "course-by-course" evaluation. Since the purpose of the ECE evaluation is potential transfer of credit, it does not need to be submitted as part of the application review process. It can be submitted later. However, any post-secondary work you successfully completed at a non-U.S. college or university will be considered by MSU only upon receipt of the official ECE evaluation.

Transfer Action Plan

The Transfer Action Plan will help you understand the transfer process. The action plan will help you navigate the resources available to students as they work through the transfer process. Transfer Action Plan 3.39 is the Minnesota State board policy which details the Transfer Rights and Responsibilities for students, MSU Mankato, and the Minnesota State System.3.39