Alumni Association Board of Directors ResponsibilitiesPage address: http://www.mnsu.edu/alumni/about/nomination/expectations.html
Alumni Board Member
Length of Term:
Three year term, two terms maximum (may exceed if appointed to a President/President-Elect position)
Alumni Association Mission:
The mission of the Minnesota State Mankato Alumni Association is to engage alumni, friends and students in ways that benefit them and Minnesota State University, Mankato through opportunities that stimulate a lifetime of interest, loyalty and support.
Purpose of the Alumni Board of Directors:
The objective of the Minnesota State University, Mankato Alumni Board of Directors is to help the Alumni Association transition students into engaged alumni and allow alumni to build deeper connections to the University, other alumni and current students. The work of the board is designed to support the strategic goals of the alumni office and increase alumni involvement through on-campus events, regional events and acting as liaisons for the Alumni Association.
- Work to increase the visibility and vitality of Minnesota State Mankato and the Alumni Association by strategically engaging alumni constituent groups and continuously communicating the Alumni Association brand promise, a home for your pride, a hub for your connections.
- To remain an active member of the board, all members must serve as a volunteer for select alumni events and attend to annual Distinguished Alumni Awards ceremony.
- Membership on the Board is a privilege and prospective members must complete the application process to be considered for membership. Selection fo board members is dependent on remaining a true representation of the current alumni body of Minnesota State Mankato (major/college representation, geographic location, etc.)
- Active members must attend two bi-annual Board meetings (October & April). All members will be aware of meeting dates at least 30 days prior to the meeting.
- All members must work cohesively to assure the organizational strength of the Alumni Association, helping the alumni staff members to sustain long-range goals and activities.
- All members should remain engaged between meetings including responding to inquiries from the Alumni Office.
- Advocate for giving among fellow alumni and friends of the University.
- All Board members must also serve on a sub-committee of the board.
- Student Engagement: This sub-committee works to help current students transition into engaged alumni through volunteering and participating in the following events: Legacy Brunch, Legacy Scholarship review/selection, Commencement Ceremonies (Winter and Spring), On-Campus Classroom presentations and Annual Fund Caller presentations.
- Campus Connections: This sub-committee helps to connect alumni back to the University through signature Alumni Association events including but not limited to Homecoming, reunions, Distinguished Alumni Awards*, Purple & Gold Gala, any on-campus alumni and family gatherings, Maverick Athletic events and partnerships.
- Socials & Networking: This sub-committee helps to design and implement alumni gatherings off-campus. These events include networking, socials and corporate events (alumni employee receptions or "Maverick Spirit Days"). This sub-committee also helps plan the Alumni Board of Directors socials and retreats.
All sub-committee events and responsibilities are contingent on the Alumni Association and the University's goals and may be adapted, changed or cancelled.
ALL CALLS: Minnesota State Mankato often has spur-of-the-moment events and happenings where the Alumni Association is called upon to participate. During those occurences, all board members will receive an All Call notification to help out and members should respond and help as they are able.
Appointment of Board Member:
I hereby understand and assume the responsibility and expectations of an active board member. By signing below, I agree to uphold the mission of the Minnesota State University, Mankato Alumni Association and act as a representative on behalf of the University, Alumni Association and all alumni. I agree to a three year term, and to abide by the Alumni Board of Directors' Bylaws. I understand my participation as an active member on the Alumni Board of Directors is contingent on my participation and ability to represent the University in a respectful and professional manner.
Download Signature Page