Tim Smith Memorial Park / Memorial Library Area
To view the QuickTime VR image, click and hold down your mouse button and drag your cursor left or right to view the entire picture.
IN MEMORIAM - (1959-1999)
Former Reference Librarian - MSU Memorial Library
Tim Smith passed away June 8, 1999 at Fairview-University Medical Center in Minneapolis. He will be dearly missed by his family and by his colleagues and friends at the MSU Library and at MSU.
SERVICES TIM PROVIDED FOR MSU MEMORIAL LIBRARY:
Tim served as a Public Services Librarian, providing Reference, Instruction, and Collection Development services. He was also responsible for the Marilyn J. Lass Center for Minnesota Studies.
TIM WAS THE LIBRARY LIAISON TO THESE MSU DEPARTMENTS:
- Computer & Info. Sci. Department. Faculty contact: Nancy Hansen
- Physics Department. Faculty contact: Hai-Sheng Wu
- Astronomy Department. Faculty contact: Steve Kipp
- Math/Statistics Department. Faculty contact: Pavel Kitsul
OTHER SERVICES TIM PROVIDED TO THE MSU COMMUNITY:
- Appointments for individual assistance
- orientation to the library
- tours of the library
- database searching instruction
- internet instruction
- research consultation
- Class presentations
- Class Outlines
- Class Bibliographies/Handouts (not yet avail.)
- Collaboration on creating library assignments for classes
- Development of the Library's Reference collection in the areas of: General and Physical Sciences, Computer Science, Engineering, Environmental Sci. and Energy, Construction, as well as for the Americas, both historical and current, including North and South America and the Caribbean. If you have suggested sources that you think we should consider adding to our collection, please suggest them to me.
- Preparation of Guides to Information Resources in areas for which I do collection development, reference, and instruction.
- Development of Lists of Selected Internet Sites in the areas for which I do collection development, reference, and instruction.
Snow Depth Ranking Maps
This picture was taken on Decmebe 20, 2000