PurchasingPage address: http://www.mnsu.edu/busoff/purch/purchdeadlines/
Financial operations of the university are tracked on a fiscal year basis that begins July 1st and ends June 30th.
Fiscal Year 2014 Information (July 1, 2013 - June 30, 2014)
Campus Computer Store Note
- Purchases made from the Campus Computer Store are handled similar to other on-campus service center operations.
- Products in stock and picked up at the Campus Computer Store or delivered to departments by June 30, 2014 will be recorded to FY2014.
- Products not in stock and needing to be ordered must be received by the Campus Computer Store by June 30, 2014 in order to be recorded to FY2014.
- Products received by the Campus Computer Store after June 30, 2014 will be recorded to FY2015.
- These deadlines are necessary in order for the university to comply with State of Minnesota financial reporting timelines and requirements.
FY2015 purchases through PCS (Purchasing Control System)
Also, you may now initiate purchase orders for FY2015 purchases through PCS (Purchasing Control System). However, for FY2015 purchase orders, you must indicate on the purchase order and to the vendor that the item or service should not be delivered until after June 30, 2014. Additionally, please note in the memo field of the purchase order that the item is for FY2015 so that purchasing staff can manually move the purchase order to the correct fiscal year. This step is necessary because PCS only allows one fiscal year to be open at a time for departments to initiate purchase orders.
If you have questions about the purchasing process, please contact the university’s purchasing coordinator, Cheryl Haefner (389-5017).
Thanks in advance for planning ahead and keeping these deadlines in mind.