Weather/School ClosingsPage address: http://www.mnsu.edu/campushub/campusinfo/weather/
Listen to or watch local radio and television stations:
- AM radio KYSM 1230, KTOE 1420;
- FM radio KMSU 89.7, KXLP 93.3, KDOG 96.7, KEEZ 99.1, KYSM 103.5;
- Television WCCO ch. 4, KEYC ch. 12 (10 on cable), KARE ch. 11, KSTP ch 5, and KMSP ch 9, to find out if the weather has caused a cancellation of Minnesota State classes.
You may also call Minnesota State Information at 507-389-2463.
Please do not call the MSU Security Emergency number (507-389-2111) for weather related information as this number is dedicated for emergencies and security related calls.
Additional numbers for weather related information are:
- Minnesota Department of Transportation Road Conditions:
- Minnesota Road Conditions (general public calls):
Cancellation of classes means only that classes are not in session-the campus remains open. The decision to cancel a non-academic event such as Athletics, Student Development activities, etc., will be made by the director responsible for the activity in consultation with his/her vice president.
In extreme emergency conditions, the campus may be closed and all functions cease with the exception of those functions considered essential to the well-being of students, those service activities available for students living on campus, and those functions deemed essential to the protection of life and property.
Morning announcements will be made by 5:30 a.m. and afternoon/evening announcements will be made by 2:30 p.m.