Registration Cancellation for Non Payment Policy
Students enrolled in courses must meet tuition & fee payment criteria by the published due dates, or they will be dropped from all registered courses.
Students who register and later change their plans for attendance should not rely on the Registration Cancellation For Nonpayment process to complete administrative drops for them. Those who no longer wish to be enrolled must drop their courses via the online registration process and officially withdraw from Minnesota State Mankato for accurate determination of their financial obligation to the university, if any.
Monitor your online student account/financial aid information by logging in with Student Tech ID and PIN to E-services. Once student tuition and fee bills are posted, you can confirm whether or not you have met the minimum payment criteria to avoid an administrative drop of all courses. On the My Account page a green "GO" symbol means requirements have been met, a red "STOP" symbol means your registration is still at risk of cancellation for non-payment. If any known payment or financial aid information is not appearing on the online screens, this should be reported for resolution as early as possible to the Campus Hub.
- Summer Semester 2007
- Payment due date is May 11, 2007, for students registering through April 27, 2007
- Payment due date is May 25, 2007, for students registering from April 28, 2007, through May 25, 2007
- Payment is due immediately for registrations after May 25, 2007
- Fall Semester 2007
- Payment due date is August 17, 2007, for students registering through July 31, 2007
- Payment due date is August 31, 2007, for students registering from August 1, 2007, through August 31, 2007
- Payment is due immediately for registrations after August 31, 2007*
- Spring Semester 2008
- Payment due date is January 4, 2008, for students registering through December 14, 2007
- Payment due date is January 18, 2008, for students registering from December 15, 2007, through January 18, 2008
- Payment is due immediately for registrations after January 22, 2008*
* Registration requests after the 5th instructional day of the term are subject to review/approval by the Office of the Registrar; late registration appeals (PDF) must include course instructor’s special permission.
Minimum payment criteria that must be met by the due dates to avoid an administrative drop of all courses includes one or more of the following:
- Full payment of tuition/fees charges by cash, check, credit card or ACH bank draft
- Enrollment in a Nelnet/FACTS monthly payment plan (credit card or ACH bank draft)
- Down payment of 15% of tuition and fees charges, or $300, whichever is less
- Down payment will save registration but will not prevent assessment of additional fees if account later becomes past due
- Payment Information
- Financial aid application in process with the University
- Payment in the form of scholarships, third party payments, or tuition waivers reflected on the student’s account that meets the 15% or $300 minimum down payment amount
- 15% or $300 minimum award will save registration but will not prevent assessment of additional fees if account later becomes past due
Archive of prior semesters information