Payment Plans/InstallmentsPage address: http://www.mnsu.edu/campushub/payments/installments/
What is It
To help you meet your educational expenses, Minnesota State University, Mankato is pleased to offer the Automatic Payment Plan serviced by Nelnet Business Solutions as a convenient budget plan. It is not a loan; therefore you have no debt, there are no interest or finance charges assessed and there is no credit check.
The cost to budget monthly payments is a $24 per semester nonrefundable enrollment fee. The enrollment fee is automatically deducted from your account WITHIN 14 days of your agreement being posted to the system.
A full payment option is available at no cost. Full payments are taken immediately.
The tuition payment is automatically deducted on the 5th of each month from a checking or savings account.
If your payment on the 5th is not successful, it will be reattempted on the 20th of the month. Any time a payment is returned, you will receive notification on how the returned payment will be handled. Your agreement will be processed until the balance owed is paid in full.
You may also have your payment charged to your credit card. If you elect to use your credit card, your options include:
- International credit cards
- US Debit/Bank card
- Regular checking/or savings ACH (U.S. only)
Please note: Debit cards may be returned unpaid due to daily limit restrictions imposed by your bank.
You will be assessed a $30 fee for each missed or returned payment. Please note, your financial institution may also assess you a fee. Returned payment fees are automatically deducted from the account you have provided. We will reattempt to collect any fees charged for missed or returned payments. Missed payment fees are payable to Nelnet Business Solutions.
Enrollment fees and returned payment fees are subject to change in future academic years or semesters. Interest earned on all custodial funds held by Nelnet Business Solutions is payable to Nelnet Business Solutions.
- Login to mnsu.edu/eservices
- Select Bills and Payment (left side list area)
- Select Enroll in a New Payment Plan (middle area - will appear if you have a balance)
Payment Plan Contract Amounts
The estimate of your total out-of-pocket obligation to the University used when you set up your original contract amount with Nelnet Business Solutions remains unchanged regardless of changes to your University account, until after the first financial aid disbursement of the semester. For further details on how and when your initially established monthly payment amounts may change, please refer to the information below specific to each academic term.
Spring Semester 2019 Details
- e-Cashier available on November 8, 2018
- Full payments may be made on e-Cashier through February 18, 2019
- All down and full payments are processed immediately!
|Options||Last day to enroll online||Required down payment||Number of payments||Months of payments|
|1||November 30, 2018||none||5||December - April|
|2||December 26, 2018||15% or $300||4||January - April|
|3||January 25, 2019||15% or $300||3||February - April|
|4||February 18, 2019||30%||2||March & April|
|5||February 18, 2019||100%||Full Payment||Immediate|
- Enrolling by November 30, 2018 allows you to choose from Options 1 - 5
- Enrolling by December 26, 2018 allows you to choose from Options 2 - 5
- Enrolling by January 25, 2019 allows you to choose from Options 3 - 5
- You are responsible for making adjustments to your contract amount for any changes in your estimated balance through the February 5 payment for Spring Semester. Potential reasons for contract amount change requests include dropping or adding classes, changes in financial aid awards or other assistance, and withdrawal from the University. Contract amount adjustments are made directly with Nelnet/FACTS at 1-800-609-8056.
- The University will upload your actual current balance to Nelnet/FACTS prior to the March and April payment dates. These uploads may result in a change to your monthly payment amount. Your March 5 payment will be based on your University account balance as of February 25 (1/2 of your account balance), and your April 5 payment will be based on your University account balance as of March 25 (full remaining account balance).
Please monitor your University account balance as well as your Nelnet Business Solutions payment plan balance periodically to keep track of changes. You may contact Nelnet Business Solutions or the University Cashiers for information and assistance.