Registration Cancellation for Non PaymentPage address: http://www.mnsu.edu/campushub/payments/rcfn/
Financial and Academic Considerations
Students who register and later change their plans for attendance should not rely on the Registration Cancellation For Nonpayment process to complete administrative drops for them. Those who no longer wish to be enrolled must drop their courses via the online registration process and officially withdraw from Minnesota State Mankato for accurate determination of their financial obligation to the university, if any.
Criteria that must be met by the due dates to avoid an administrative drop of all courses includes one or more of the following:
- Full payment of tuition/fees charges by cash, check, credit card or ACH bank draft
- Financial aid application in process with the University
- Enrollment in a Nelnet/FACTS monthly payment plan (credit card or ACH bank draft)
- Enrollment in payment plan takes 1-3 business days to reflect on student’s record; send email confirmation info to Campus Hub if needed to meet timeline
- Down payment of 15% of tuition and fees charges, or $300, whichever is less
- Down payment will save registration but will not prevent assessment of additional fees if account later becomes past due
- Payment Information
- Payment in the form of scholarships, third party payments, or tuition waivers reflected on the student’s account that meets the 15% or $300 minimum down payment amount
- 15% or $300 minimum award will save registration but will not prevent assessment of additional fees if account later becomes past due
Monitor Your Online Student Account
- Once student tuition and fee bills are posted, you can confirm whether or not you have met the minimum payment criteria to avoid an administrative drop of all courses.
- Log in to E-services with your StarID and Password and go to the Bills & Payment Page to view your registration cancellation for non-payment status. A green "GO" symbol means requirements have been met, a red "STOP" symbol means your registration is still at risk of cancellation for non-payment.
- If any known payment or financial aid information is not appearing on the online screens, this should be reported for resolution as early as possible to the Campus Hub.
Minimum payment criteria must be met by the dates noted below to avoid an administrative drop of all courses under the Registration Cancellation for Nonpayment procedure.
Summer Term 2018
- April 30, 2018, for students registering through April 23, 2018
- May 25, 2018, for all students registered through May 25, 2018
Fall Semester 2018
- August 6, 2018, for students registering through July 30, 2018
- August 31, 2018, for all students registered through August 31, 2018
Spring Semester 2019
- December 18, 2018, for students registering through December 11, 2018
- January 18, 2019, for all students registered through January 18, 2019
* Registration requests after the 5th instructional day of the term are subject to review/approval by the Office of the Registrar; registration appeals (PDF) must include course instructor’s special permission.