Student RightsPage address: http://www.mnsu.edu/campushub/programs/rightresp/rights/
Students have the right to:
- know what financial assistance is available, including all federal, state, and institutional aid programs and what policies or regulations govern these programs;
- obtain information regarding student loan indebtedness, repayment obligations and options, and a projected repayment schedule;
- know how their financial need is determined, including the determination and amount of the expected family contribution;
- apply for additional assistance when increased financial need can be demonstrated and funds are available; appeal a decision regarding financial aid eligibility to the financial aid administrative staff in Student Financial Services;
- expect and receive complete confidentiality regarding financial aid awarded and the use of the application data;
- report any significant loss or reduction in their financial situation to Student Financial Services.