Financial Aid for Transfer StudentsPage address: http://www.mnsu.edu/campushub/transferstudents/
We are happy you have chosen Minnesota State Mankato to continue your education. There are many steps involved in getting admitted and enrolled at a new university; admissions, housing, declaring a major, and certainly financial aid.
Financial Aid Checklist
Official Academic Transcripts
Your financial aid will not be processed until all transcripts have been received and evaluated. Request that official academic transcripts from ALL post-secondary institutions you attended be sent directly to the Office of Admissions (including any transcripts from the military, foreign institutions, and the Post-Secondary Enrollment Option program (PSEO).
- Spring Semester Transfer Students - If you are attending a post-secondary institution during the Fall semester, you must submit an official transcript showing final grades.
Apply for Financial Aid – Start with the FAFSA
Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at www.fafsa.gov by March 15. Work-study and certain other federal scholarships and grants are limited; students who qualify for need-based aid and apply by March 15 ensure greater access to these resources before the available funds are depleted. Minnesota State Mankato school code is 002360. If you already completed the FAFSA add our school code by making a correction at www.fafsa.gov.
- Spring Semester Transfer Students - Your financial aid from the school you attended during the Fall semester does not automatically transfer to Minnesota State Mankato for the Spring semester (this includes private student loans).
Add our school code (002360) to your FAFSA to be considered for financial aid here. If you are unable to add our school code, please contact the Campus Hub to make an appointment with a Financial Aid Advisor.
Cancel any Spring semester financial aid at the school you attended during the Fall semester.
Tools for Success with the Financial Aid Process
- Check your MavMAIL (email) regularly to complete additional financial aid steps requested.
- Check E-Services for your aid application status, view and accept financial aid, set up direct deposit, and many other features.
- Contact the Campus Hub for all your financial aid and billing questions.
- When changing schools, it is important to maintain contact with your federal student loan servicer. Visit the National Student Loan Data System (NSLDS), select “Financial Aid Review”, and log in to view information about your federal student loans and to find contact information for the loan servicer.
Information and Resources
- Know your Costs, Important Dates, Reminders, Student Guide, Navigate the Processes
- GradReady - GradReady is intended to help students make informed decisions about paying for college, manage their finances while enrolled, and successfully repay their student loans.
- Know our Satisfactory Academic Progress Standards (SAPS) and your Student Rights and Responsibilities
- Financial Aid for Veterans