TriathlonPage address: http://www.mnsu.edu/campusrec/events/Triathlon/
Friday, April 28, 2017
After much consideration and numerous emails from participants informing us they will not be participating in the triathlon this weekend due to weather concerns, we decided to cancel the MSU Sprint Triathlon on Sunday, April 30, 2017.
With the start of the event forecasted at a high of 38 degrees, feeling like 28 degrees, 80% chance of rain and almost 20 mph winds, we have concerns about the safety of the participants and the safety of the outdoor course if the temperatures get blow a freezing point with precipitation.
We made this call early enough to inform those traveling from out of state.
We will issue a full refund for this event.
Date: Sunday, April 30, 2017
Register online by April 27th
- Please register online. We will accept day of registrations space permitting, to be paid by check or exact cash only. T-shirts for this event were ordered on April 13th. If you register after April 12th you will not receive a t-shirt unless there are extras.
Start Time: 9am
- Check in for event begins at 8am in the Otto Recreation Center.
Sprint Triathlon Details:
- SWIM 300 yards in the Highland Center Pool
- BIKE 14 miles on a paved county road south of town
- You MUST provide your own bicycle AND helmet to participate in the bike riding portion of the event.
- RUN 5K on a paved road county road south of town
Parking: Parking Map You may park in Gold Lot 4 or 6 and the Pay Lot in front of the CSU, which will be free on Sunday.
Who can participate? Minnesota State University, Mankato students, faculty, staff, alumni,community members, first timers, and experienced triathletes are welcome!
Example Training Guide:
- If you have not participated in a sprint triathlon type event before and are unsure where to start with training or have questions about transitions between events, click on Sprint Triathlon 8 Week Training Guide and Info to help get you started.