Fitness CertificationsPage address: http://www.mnsu.edu/campusrec/fitness/fitnesscertifications.html
Fitness Certifications and Continuing Education Opportunities
Campus Recreation hosts fitness certifications and continuing education workshops for all community members as an opportunity to enhance skills and knowledge and increase potential job opportunities in the community.
Upcoming Workshops at Minnesota State University, Mankato
- January 30-31, 2016
- Saturday: Check In at 7:45am, Workshop 8am-5pm
- Sunday: Workshop 8am-4pm
- End times may vary depending on class size.
- Location: Pennington Hall 110
- Credits: 14 NETA, 1.4 ACE, 15 AFAA, 1.4 NASM
- January 30-31, 2016
For information about certification details please see the respective website and contact the certifying agency directly.
For information about potential discounts on workshops please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- ACE has a wide range of certifications available for every career path — from our four primary NCCA-accredited certifications to specialty certifications that offer curriculum focused on specific areas.
- The American College of Sports Medicine was the first organization to certify health fitness professionals. With more than 25,000 health fitness professionals in 44 countries, we are the largest sports medicine and exercise science organization in the world. ACSM's personal trainer, health fitness specialist, clinical exercise specialist and registered clinical exercise physiologist certifications are NCCA-accredited.
- As the world's largest fitness educator, AFAA delivers comprehensive cognitive and practical education for fitness professionals, grounded in industry research, using both traditional and innovative modalities. AFAA upholds Basic Exercise Standards and Guidelines for safe fitness practice. AFAA is accredited by the Accrediting Commission of the Distance Education and Training Council (DETC).
- At NASM, our Certified Personal Trainer education combines science with proven techniques to turn fitness enthusiasts into fitness professionals.
- It is the mission of the National Council on Strength and Fitness Board for Certification to establish, assess, and promote qualification standards for Exercise Professionals in a continued effort to foster a high level of professional competency and ethical practice, to best serve public interest and safety.
- NETA is one-of-a-kind in the arena of fitness certification, and in our personal, hands-on approach to fitness education. These are just a few of the many distinctive qualities that set NETA apart. NETA is accredited by the National Commission for Certifying Agencies (NCCA).
- NFPT has been certifying personal trainers since 1988. We seek to equip trainers and their clients with the education and tools needed to address America's health problem and promote fitness around the world.
- The Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist® (CSCS®) is for professionals who design and implement strength training and conditioning programs for athletes in a team setting.
- Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist® (CSCS®)
- Certified Special Population Specialist® (CSPS®)
- NSCA-Certified Personal Trainer® (NSCA-CPT®)
- Tactical Strength and Conditioning Facilitator® (TSAC-F®)
This is not an exhaustive list of all fitness and wellness certification agencies.