Prepare for GraduationPage address: http://www.mnsu.edu/carts/advising/prepareforgraduation.html
You should begin your graduation preparation when you reach 90 total credits - typically this is one year before your anticipated graduation date. Once you reach 90 or more total credits take the following steps:
- Meet with your faculty advisor to discuss:
- Which major requirements you have remaining
- When you can take those remaining requirements (consider required prerequisites and when the course will be offered)
- What is required for any senior capstones, internships or portfolios (ask about timelines for these requirements as well)
- Meet with your College Advising Office to discuss:
- Broad degree requirements (120 total credits, 40 upper-level, 2.0 local MSU and overall GPA, Diverse Cultures, Writing Intensive)
- General Education requirements (44 total credits, 8/2 Rule, specific Goal Areas)
- Complete a Graduation Application. The deadlines for the graduation application are listed here, but we recommend applying as soon as you earn 90 credits. This application will prompt an official review of your degree and will result in a graduation evaluation letter issued to the student which lists any outstanding requirements for graduation.
- Register for the Commencement Ceremony (if desired). Follow the steps list on the Graduation Services website for Preparing for Graduation.
- Meet with the Career Development Center to start your job search. They can support you with:
- Determining your career interests
- How and where to search for jobs in your field
- How to apply for jobs, create a resume and write cover letters
- How to prepare for interviews
- Complete your Financial Aid Exit Interview if you received Federal Loans
- Contact the College Advising Office if you have any questions about the graduation process broadly, or if you have specific questions about your graduation evaluation letter.