Career & Internship Expo - Student InformationPage address: http://www.mnsu.edu/cdc/expo/
DATE & TIME: October 18 & 19, 2016 9:30 AM - 2:30 PM
LOCATION: Centennial Student Union Ballroom Minnesota State, Mankato
DAY 1: Science, Engineering, Technology & Construction
DAY 2: Business, Communications, and Human Services & Healthcare
Login to your MavJobs account to see which employers are coming to Your Career and Internship Expo to recruit YOU! Plan to attend EVERY year, first year students through seniors and Alum, ALL MAJORS, welcome to attend and CHECK IT OUT!
ATTENTION STUDENTS & ALUMNI:
While each day of the Expo is "split up" per the attending organization's primary focus, we strongly encourage ALL students and alumni to attend both days of the Expo as the majority of employers typically have a number of different employment needs throughout their organization, and are interested in potential candidates from a variety of backgrounds and majors. To be prepared to interact with employers, we encourage students and alumni to look over the list of all attending
Students - why should you attend?
There are several benefits to attending the Career & Internship Expo. You can:
- Explore positions and career fields you could pursue with your major.
- Increase your chances of interviewing with an employer.
- Receive useful job search advice from seasoned company recruiters.
- Start or further develop your network of contacts!
How to prepare:
- If you are attending the Career & Internship Expo you should prepare as you would for an interview. Be prepared; view the information below to see what to do in preparation for the Expo.
- Attend QuickStop: drop-in service. Stop by the CDC for a
10 minutesession on career & job search questions, resume help, interview tips and more. QuickStop is held in the CDC, WA209 during the academic year.
- Research Organizations: By researching organizations in advance, you can identify the organizations you are interested in and be better prepared to speak with the representatives at the event.
- Show employers that you are interested in them before you attend the Expo! This will help the employer reach out to you to set up interviews ahead of time or look out for you the day of the event. Remember, there may be many students who express interest in an organization, do not expect them to remember everyone, but this can give you an advantage. (e.g. LinkedIn, Call Organization, Email Organization)
- Log into your MavJobs student account. Upload an updated resume with a broad objective or no objective.
- Review your profile in MavJobs: Your name tag at the event will print based on the information in MavJobs! If your class year and major are incorrect, go to the Registration Help Desk to make any needed corrections.
Are you a Career and Internship Expo First-Timer? AWESOME, check out these videos to help you prepare. Still have questions? Come to QuickStop in the CDC and ask ANY questions. We are so happy to help you out!