Career & Internship Expo - Employer InformationPage address: http://www.mnsu.edu/cdc/expo/employers/
Two-day Event! Due to the overwhelming response to this event by employers, we are continuing the two-day format. ALL students and alumni are invited and encouraged to attend both days of the Expo. Please register for the day(s) that best fit your organization's needs!
Registration begins July 22, 2015
Tuesday, October 20, 2015 - Science, Engineering, Technology, Construction, Healthcare
9:30am - 2:30pm
Wednesday, October 21, 2015 - Business, Communications, and Human Services
9:30am - 2:30pm
To register, log into your MavJobs account. If you do not have a MavJobs account, register for a free employer account here! For more information, please see our employer guide.
Employers - why should you attend?
There are several benefits to attending the Career & Internship Expo.
- You will have an opportunity to visit with approximately 1,200 qualified, energetic students and alumni of Minnesota State Mankato who are seeking
full timeemployment, internships, and information on hiring trends.
- Students and alumni who may attend represent 140+ undergraduate programs of study and 80+ graduate programs.
- Minnesota State Mankato candidates are motivated and committed to gaining knowledge to serve the real world:
- Over 50% of students complete internships during their academic career (National Avg. 36%)
- Over 66% of students are employed while enrolled in classes*
- 281 students presented at the 2012 Undergraduate Research Symposium
- 15% of students completed research with a faculty member by their senior year**
*Noel-Levitz Student Satisfaction Inventory Spring 2010
**National Survey of Student Engagement Spring 2011
- All job and internship fairs hosted by the Career Development Center are solely for employers to recruit student and alumni candidates, and for students and alumni to meet employers to discuss career and internship opportunities.
- Career Development Center events are not for employers to solicit employer business contacts. If an employer is found to be conducting business other than recruiting students and alumni for possible positions, that employer will be asked to leave the event immediately. In addition, that employer forfeits any fees associated with the event.
- Employers offering commission-only based positions, companies offering independent contractor positions, those identified as third-party recruiters and/or staffing agencies, graduate school programs, and educational services organizations are limited to participation in job fairs and career events on a waiting-list basis; if space is available after a fair or event early bird registration deadline (September 11, 2015) is reached, organizations representing any of the aforementioned categories may be permitted to participate in the event, to a maximum of ten (10) per event.
- Refunds will be issued if the
cancellationis received prior to or on October 2, 2015. *Note for credit card payments, we are charged a nominal service fee from the vendor and $15 will be subtracted from your total refund amount.
- If you need to cancel your registration, please contact Brenda
Garbersat email@example.com or 507-389-6063.
Expo Preparation Tips:
Before the Event
- Please forward this information to all representatives planning on attending the Expo as this is pertinent information regarding the event.
- If you haven't already done so, please log
on toyour MavJobs.com account and post any job/internship openings for which you are hiring.
- To help us better market your organization, please send us your logo. We would like a 1920x1080 pixel file in either JPG or PSD file format to firstname.lastname@example.org by September 21, 2015.
- Students can express interest in your organization prior to the Expo through MavJobs. You will be able to access students' resumes and email addresses. Feel free to email students and encourage them to meet you at your booth or set up an interview with them while you are here for the Expo. For more information, go to: employer-guide_events_careerfair.pdf
- If you indicated you were interested in on-campus recruiting or information sessions, you will be contacted soon by the CDC Recruitment Coordinator to assist with arrangements.
- If you registered for Purple and Gold sponsorship we will be in touch regarding additional information.
- If you would like to ship any materials to Minnesota State, Mankato before the Expo, please send them to the following address:
Minnesota State University, Mankato
Attention: Brenda Garbers, Career Development Center
415 Malin Street
Mankato, MN 56001
Day of the Event
- Please park in Lot 4, the Visitor Pay Lot. See campus map for lot locations. Students wearing bright yellow vests will be there to assist you with unloading.
- 7:30 am – 2:00 pm: Continental breakfast will be available.
- 8:00 am – 9:
30am: See unloading/parking information above.
- 8:00 am – 9:
30am: Employer check-in.
- 8:00 am – 9:30 am: Set up and organize table in the CSU Ballroom, 2nd floor.
- 9:30 am – 2:30 pm: Event open to students and alumni.
- 11:30 am – 1:15 pm: A lunch buffet will be available for employers. There will be two seating times (11:30 am and 12:15 pm) so organizations with more than one representative can keep their booths staffed during lunch.
We encourage employers to stay for the duration of the event because many students' class schedules do not allow them to attend the event until the afternoon.
What to Expect
- Approximately 1,200 students and alumni from all majors are expected to attend and may visit with you throughout the day to discuss employment/internship opportunities.
- We encourage all students to attend this event, so please expect various levels of professional preparedness from our students. Some may be using this as a learning experience for the future.
- With approximately 150 organizations expected to attend, we do our best to prepare our students on researching organizations ahead of time, but please note that it is impossible for students to research every organization. Please allow this as an opportunity for them to get to know you better.
- A PDF including organization overviews will be available to students and faculty as of October 1, 2015.
Please contact Sarah Baumgard or Brenda Garbers at email@example.com or (507) 389-6061.