Career & Internship Expo - Employer InformationPage address: http://www.mnsu.edu/cdc/expo/employers/
Q: When will registration for the Career and Internship Expo open?
A: Registration will open by invitation through August and will be open to all employers on a space available basis September 1.
DATE & TIME: October 18 & 19, 2016 9:30 AM - 2:30 PM
LOCATION: Centennial Student Union Ballroom Minnesota State Mankato
DAY 1: Science, Engineering, Technology & Construction
DAY 2: Business, Communications, and Human Services & Healthcare
First year students, sophomores, juniors, seniors & Alumni are invited to attend. Please expect all levels of career preparedness. Take this opportunity to connect early with young professionals! An excellent opportunity to engage with 1500 candidates!
To register, log into your MavJobs account.
ALL students and alumni are invited and encouraged to attend both days of the Expo
Employers - why should you attend?
- You will have an opportunity to visit with approximately 1,500 qualified, energetic students and alumni of Minnesota State Mankato who are seeking
full timeemployment, internships, and information on hiring trends.
- Students and alumni who may attend represent 140+ undergraduate programs of study and 80+ graduate programs.
- Minnesota State Mankato candidates are motivated and committed to gaining knowledge to serve the real world:
- Over 50% of students complete internships during their academic career (National Avg. 36%)
- Over 66% of students are employed while enrolled in classes*
- 15% of students completed research with a faculty member by their senior year**
*Noel-Levitz Student Satisfaction Inventory Spring 2010
**National Survey of Student Engagement Spring 2011
- All job and internship fairs hosted by the Career Development Center (CDC) are solely for employers to recruit student and alumni candidates, and for students and alumni to meet employers to discuss career and internship opportunities.
- CDC events are not for employers to solicit employer business contacts. If an employer is found to be conducting business other than recruiting students and alumni for possible positions, that employer will be asked to leave the event immediately. In addition, that employer forfeits any fees associated with the event.
- Employers offering commission-only based positions, companies offering independent contractor positions, those identified as third-party recruiters and/or staffing agencies, graduate school programs, and educational services organizations are limited to participation in job fairs and career events on a waiting-list basis; if space is available after a fair or event early bird registration deadline is reached, organizations representing any of the aforementioned categories may be permitted to participate in the event, to a maximum of ten (10) per event.
- Refunds will be issued if the
cancellationis received prior to or on October 4, 2016.
- If you need to cancel your registration, please contact Brenda
Garbersat email@example.com or 507-389-6063.
Expo Preparation Tips:
Before the Event
- Please forward this information to all representatives planning on attending the Expo as this is pertinent information regarding the event.
- If you haven't already done so, please log
on toyour MavJobs.com account and post any job/internship openings for which you are hiring.
- To help us better market your organization, please send your logo as a 1920x1080 pixel file in either JPG or PSD file format to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Feel free to email students and encourage them to meet you at your booth or set up an interview with them while you are here for the Expo.
- To learn more about scheduling on-campus interviews or info sessions please click here
- If you would like to ship any materials to Minnesota State Mankato before the Expo, please send them to the following address:
Minnesota State University, Mankato
Attention: Brenda Garbers, Career Development Center
415 Malin Street
Mankato, MN 56001
Day of the Event
- Please park in Lot 4, the Visitor Pay Lot. See campus map for lot locations. Students wearing bright yellow vests will be there to assist you with unloading.
- 7:30 am – 2:00 pm: Continental breakfast will be available
- 8:00 am – 9:
30am: See unloading/parking information above
- 8:00 am – 9:
30am: Employer check-in (top of the stairs, CSU Ballroom, 2nd floor)
- 8:00 am – 9:30 am: Set up and organize table in the CSU Ballroom, 2nd floor
- 9:30 am – 2:30 pm: Event open to students and alumni
- 11:30 am – 1:15 pm: A lunch buffet will be available for employers (CSU 253, 2nd floor). There will be two seating times (11:30 am and 12:15 pm) so organizations with more than one representative can keep their booths staffed during lunch.
What to Expect
- Approximately 1,500 students and alumni from all majors are expected to attend and may visit with you throughout the day to discuss employment/internship opportunities.
- We encourage all students to attend this event, so please expect various levels of professional preparedness from our students. Some may be using this as a learning experience for the future.
- With approximately 150+ organizations expected to attend, we do our best to prepare our students on researching organizations ahead of time, but please note that it is impossible for students to research every organization. Please allow this as an opportunity for them to get to know you better.
Please contact Brenda Garbers at email@example.com or (507) 389-6063.