Applying for Jobs and Internships/Co-opsPage address: http://www.mnsu.edu/cdc/jobsandinternships/applying.html
~Thomas A. Edison
When reviewing your application materials for the first time, employers will take under one minute per application to identify strong candidates who fit their needs.
You need to make an impact and find a way to stand out in a short amount of time!
Here are some great tips to stand out:
- Follow the application instructions completely.
- Research the organization ahead of time and really understand what they are looking for in a candidate.
- Develop a well-crafted resume that is very clean, easy to read, and specifically highlights how you fit the position.
- Create a customized cover letter that showcases your personality and how you meet the job qualifications. Provide specific examples of your past work and how it relates to the position you are applying for.
- Approximately 5-7 days after applying for a position,follow up via phone or email to express your interest in the position.