MAVMajors INFO - Mass MediaPage address: http://www.mnsu.edu/cdc/majors/mavmajors/massmedia.html
Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Science in Mass Media
- This major is in the College of Arts & Humanities
Office location - 136 Nelson Hall Center
On This Page
- The Department and Advising
- What do the experts say about a major in Mass Media
- Take action and network with people in the field of Mass Media
- We want to hear from you!
Admission requirements –
1. Admission to the major is gained by receiving permission to register for the department's first core course, MASS 221 (Media Writing I).
- Degree Requirements & Policies
1. ENG 101 (Composition) and
2. MASS 110 (Introduction to Mass Media).
Students who have attained the 3.0 GPA for the above courses will then be considered for admission to MASS 221, but only after completing the department's diagnostic exam, which is offered at particular dates and times each semester. The exam is a 1 hour long objective test over English grammar, punctuation, spelling and vocabulary.
After all applicants have taken the exam in a given term, faculty choose who will enter the program for the following term by considering each applicant's diagnostic-exam score in conjunction with overall GPA and prerequisite grades.
How to declare this major – Contact the Mass Media Department.
- Contact the Advising Center.
College of Arts & Humanities Advising
Student Relations Coordinator
226 Armstrong Hall
The current Undergraduate Catalog for this major –
Search for related books available in the Career Resource Library in the CDC
- Public Relations Society of America (Parent Organization)
- The AEJMC Home Page
- American Communication Association
- Journalism Education Association
- National Press Photographers Assn.
- Newspaper Association of America
- The Poynter Institute for Media Studies
- Society of Professional Journalists
- White House News Photographers' Association
- American Society of Newspaper Editors
Read more about Mass Media
Additional resources –
FEEDBACK – Ask a question
SUGGESTION BOX - Submit your comment or suggestion or report a problem with this website
ALUMNI – Send us a picture or an update!