MN Education Job FairPage address: http://www.mnsu.edu/cdc/resources/events/edfair/
Monday April 11, 2011
Location: Minneapolis Convention Center
Fair Hours: 10 am until 3 pm
Interviews will be held from 10 am until 5 pm
Are you eligible to attend?
If you will be licensed or qualified to teach or work in a school district by January 2012 and have graduated or will graduate from Minnesota State Mankato, you are welcome to attend and register through the Career Development Center at MSU. Although everyone who wishes to work in a school district is strongly encouraged to attend, you can view the employers that will be attending to make your own decision on whether this event is right for you. Visit http://www.mcucsa.org/mnedfair/Default.aspx for more information.
Registration begins March 1, 2011
Online Pre-Registration (STRONGLY RECOMMENDED—available March 1-April 6)
Cost: $25 (credit card or register online and send/drop off a check)
If you have an active www.mavjobs.com account, log in and under “shortcuts” click on "2011 MN Education Fair". Be sure your profile is updated! If you are an alum who needs a mavjobs account, go to http://www.mnsu.edu/cdc/alumni/mavjobs/request.php to register.
Cost: $35 (check or cash ONLY)
Stop by the Minnesota State Mankato table at the event and provide a valid ID and updated resume.
For additional information on parking, driving directions, fair preparation, what to bring, etc., please go to http://www.mnsu.edu/cdc/resources/events/edfair/.
What to Expect and Preparing for the Fair
Read thoroughly and carefully. This includes a map and directions and information on what you need to do to apply for interviews prior to the fair.
- Preparing for the Fair
- AAEE Article - Making the Most of Employment Fairs
- Directions/Parking/Dining Info
- Parking Rates
- Registered Organizations/Districts
How to Make the Most of the Education Fair
- Use this resource to help you craft and improve your resume and thank-you letters.
Have your resume reviewed:
- Come to CDC QuickStop Monday through Thursday from 12:00-3:00pm for a quick resume review.
- Make an appointment by calling 507-389-6061
- Send your resume via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org for an e-mailed resume review. Please, send your resume review request well in advance of the fair. We review resumes in the order they are received and have very limited time to review them. The deadline for sending e-mailed resume review requests for Education Fair is at noon on Wednesday April 6.