shortcut to content

Minnesota State University, Mankato

Minnesota State University, Mankato
Career Development Center

Finding Jobs and Internships/Co-ops

Page address: http://www.mnsu.edu/cdc/students/jobs_and_internships/finding_jobs_and_internships_coops.html

"The most positive advising experience I had at MNSU is when I went to Career Center to seek advice regarding job hunting. Their staff are very responsive. Their assistant director helped me review my resume and gave me a lot of useful advice as to how to polish my resume based on the key words of job description."
- Yong L: MNSU Alumni -

 

Networking, hands-down, is the number one way of finding jobs and internships across all fields.

 

In the 21st century, networking is connecting with others on LinkedIn.com, setting up informational interviews over the phone halfway around the country, or Skyping with a contact at 7:00pm. We use different methods to connect, but at the end of the day, employers still want to hire people they know will do a good job, have a great reputation, and can work well with others.  So, what does this all mean?

 

student interacting with employer

 

Tip: Spend about 80% of your job search making connections, talking to others, attending fairs and events, joining professional organizations, and attending conferences — where you have face to face interaction with employers. Spend the other 20% online finding and applying to positions.

 


 

The Job Search Interviewing For Success

 

http://www.mavjobs.comjob search handbook

 

GOINGLOBAL

Job Search Resources

Check out which employers are recruiting on campus!

 

Latest Internship Opportunities

 

 

NEW! MindSumo: Get in front of hiring companies

and show your ability to solve real-world problems!