Contact the Dental Hygiene Program - Contact Us!
Admission requirements –
The number of students admitted to the Dental Hygiene major is limited to 20 students admitted each fall semester. Applicants are accepted primarily based on academic achievement in prerequisite courses, with an emphasis placed on the science prerequisites.
Minimum university admission requirements are:
1. a minimum of 32 earned semester credit hours
2. a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.50 (C)
Application for admission to the Dental Hygiene program is a separate process in addition to being admitted to the University. It is highly recommended to meet with a Dental Hygiene advisor to formulate a plan of study as soon as possible. Requirements for application for admission to the traditional dental hygiene major include:
1. Completion of at least 36 semester credits.
2. A minimum career grade-point average of 2.5.
3. Successful completion of prerequisites of CMST 100 or CMST 102, ENG 101, DHYG 319, or DHYG 325, PSYC 101, SOC 150 or SOC 101, BIOL 220, STATS 154, DHYG 100, and two of these three courses: BIOL 270, BIOL 230, or CHEM 111.
The application form can be downloaded from the Dental Hygiene Department website.
College of Allied Health & Nursing Advising Center
Shirley Murray, Academic Advisor for the College
124 Myers Fieldhouse
Dental Hygiene Contact Information
How to declare this major
The current undergraduate bulletin for this major
Search for related books available in the Career Resource Library in the CDC
FEEDBACK – Ask a question
SUGGESTION BOX - Submit your comment or suggestion or report a problem with this website
ALUMNI – Send us a picture or an update!