MAVMajors INFO - Special EducationPage address: http://www.mnsu.edu/cdc/students/majors/mavmajors/specialeducation.html
Bachelor of Science, Special Education
- This major is in the College of Education
Office location - 313 Armstrong Hall
On This Page
- The Department and Advising
- What do the experts say about a major in Special Education
- Take action and network with people in the field of Special Education
- We want to hear from you!
Admission requirements –
1. Admissions granted by the department.
- Degree Requirements & Policies
Application to professional education should be made when the following requirements have been met:
1. a minimum of 32 earned semester credit hours
2. a minimum 2.75 cumulative GPA
3. evidence of completion of the Minnesota Teacher Licensure Basic Skills Exam (MTLE).
How to declare this major – In the College of Education majors are declared through the Academic Advising Office.
- Contact the Advising Center.
Academic Advising Office
117 Armstrong Hall
The current undergraduate bulletin for this major –
Search for related books available in the Career Resource Library in the CDC
- Council for Exceptional Children
- Personal Improvement Center
- U.S. Department of Education
- American Federation of Teachers
- National Education Association
For more information about teacher preparation programs, visit
- National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education
- Teacher Education Accreditation Council
For more information about alternative certification programs, visit
- National Center for Alternative Certification
Read more about Special Education
Additional resources –
FEEDBACK – Ask a question
SUGGESTION BOX - Submit your comment or suggestion or report a problem with this website
ALUMNI – Send us a picture or an update!