FAQPage address: http://www.mnsu.edu/celp/faq.html
- Who can enroll in the Intensive English Program?
Our Intensive English Program is open to students who completed high school and score between 20 and 60 on TOEFL iBT test, or between 340 and 499 on TOEFL PBT test, or between 3.5 and 5.0 on IELTS test.
- How do I apply for the Intensive English Program?
The process is easy, and there is no essay required.
Please see our application link for deadlines, a checklist of what is required to apply, and our online application process.
- I am studying at an English school in the U.S. Do I have to submit my TOEFL or IELTS score to study in the Intensive English Program?
Yes, please submit your TOEFL or IELTS score.
- I have not decided if I want to be an undergraduate student. Can I just take Intensive English Program courses without applying for MSU?
Yes. For more details on application process, please contact us.
- Can I be admitted to MSU after completing the advanced level courses?
Yes, after successful completion of the advanced level with a 3.5 GPA or higher and with at least a B grade in each course, IEP students will automatically achieve regular admission without the need to show a test score. IEP students in all levels may also achieve regular admission by scoring 500 or more on our institutional TOEFL test that is administered at the end of each semester or by independently taking and obtaining a score of 61 or more on the TOEFL iBT test or a score of 5.5 or more on the IELTS test.
- I want to enroll in Graduate school, but I have not achieved the required English test score yet. Can I study in the Intensive English Program?
Yes, you can study in the Intensive English Program if you satisfy all requirements to enroll in our program.
If you are eligible for the advanced level, you can take 2 or 3 undergraduate general education courses from limited options. However, you are not allowed to take graduate courses while studying in the Intensive English Program. Please also note that completion of Intensive English Program courses does not mean that you will be admitted to our Graduate School.
- How can I go to the next level?
For students who are taking Beginning, Low-Intermediate, or High- Intermediate level courses, they can move up to the next level if they achieve a semester GPA of 3.0 (B average).
- When do Intensive English Program classes start?
Intensive English Program classes follow the university’s calendar. Fall 2018 classes start the week of August 27th. Spring 2019 classes start the week of January 7th.
- Does the Intensive English Program provide housing?
Students can choose to live on-campus in a residence hall or off-campus in an apartment. Please see our housing link for more information.