About the CenterPage address: http://www.mnsu.edu/centerforsportandperformance/about.html
Our work has been featured in the following media outlets (click the image to view the article):
We define performance broadly at the Center. Each of us performs in some way each day.
The Center for Sport and Performance Psychology is open in University Square, adjacent to the Minnesota State University, Mankato campus. Enter into the Carmike Stadium Cinema Entrance and our Center is to the left.
The Center for Sport and Performance Psychology works with athletes, exercisers, artists, and professionals to help them gain the confidence and motivation they need to overcome barriers, refine their focus, and prepare for challenges at any level. The Center helps people of all ages and abilities define what success means to them, and then gives them the tools they need to achieve that success.
At the Center, we work to enhance people's performance in 5 areas:
- Performing Arts
- Business/Public Speaking
We work with all types of performers at the Center including:
- An athlete who experiences doubt and anxiety leading up to the game
- An actor who wishes to speak more confidently on stage
- A working mother who wants to start an exercise program or make a behavior change
- A business professional who wants to hone their presentation skills
- A patient who has ACL surgery and wants to get back to sport/daily life effectively
- A coach who wants to gain the mental advantage for their team or personally as a coach