Tech TacticsPage address: http://www.mnsu.edu/cetl/hottopics.html
Tech Tactics are one-hour presentations, discussions, or workshops designed to focus on one specific topic or skill in a detailed way. They can be customized for departments or you can individually attend one that is scheduled.
These engaging one-hour sessions will talk about a variety of topics from current technology to new innovations to teaching methods. They are held weekly in ML 94B - TelePresence Conference Room and Edina Room 321, Suite B from 2:00 p.m.-3:00 p.m. with a rotating schedule for Wednesday and Thursdays. Check the Academic Technology Services Training Calendar for a complete and up-to-date list of Tech Tactics sessions. Please register in the STARS System or let us know you will be coming and we can register you. Your registrations helps us know that you will be coming. Sessions with no registrations may be canceled.
SPRING SEMESTER: 2:00-3:00 p.m.
Instructor: Ms. Marni Dunning, Instructional Technologies for Academic Technology Services
TelePresence Locations: Mankato Campus ML 94B and Edina Campus Rm 321, Suite B
- 1/21/15 - Overview of Quality Matters by Michael Manderfeld
- 1/29/15 - Which Technology Tool Should I Use and Why? by Marni Dunning
- 2/4/15 - Lecture Capture / Audio Feedback by Carrie Lewis
- 2/12/15 - Store, Share and Collaborate Using OneDrive by Marni Dunning
- 2/18/15 - Create Interactive Learning Using Softchalk Cloud by Michael Manderfeld
- 2/26/15 - SmartBoards...What Are These Things? by Marni Dunning
- 3/4/15 - Engaging Ways to Use PowerPoint Plug-ins by Ayrnn Martin
- SPRING BREAK
- 3/19/15 - HD Recording Studio by Michael Manderfeld (no telepresence for this one)
- 3/25/15 - Get Your Class Actively Engaged by Using Chimein by Marni Dunning
- 4/2/15 - Benefits for Working Social Using Yammer by Marni Dunning
- 4/8/15 - Create Dynamic Surveys Using Qualtrics by Marni Dunning
- 4/16/15 - Lynda.com - What Is This and How Can My Students Benefit from Using It? by Marni Dunning
- 4/22/15 - 10 Ways to Engage Learners Using D2L by Carrie Miller
- 4/30/15 - Present Differently using Prezi by Carrie Miller
These Tech Tactics opportunities are offered in conjunction with Instructional Designers and Technologist and other team players who specialize in Academic Technology Services for faculty and staff. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or Academic Technology Services staff with any questions!