ProgramsPage address: http://www.mnsu.edu/cetl/programs/
Fall 2015 One-Hour Trainings! Newly Revised As of 10-14-2015!
Above has a listing of the remaining one-hour trainings through The Center for Excellence in Teaching & Learning. If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by call us at 5899.
Desire2Learn (D2L) Brightspace Drop-Ins for Support in ML 88 Open Spaces
Fall Semester Schedule for D2L Drop-Ins:
- Mondays 3:00-4:00 p.m.
- Tuesdays 1:00-3:00 p.m.
- Wednesdays 3:00-4:00 p.m.
- Thursdays Noon-1:00 p.m.
- Fridays 1:00-3:00 p.m.
Please refer to the Academic Technology Services Training Schedule. Staff members from the Information Technology Services' Service Desk will be available for drop-in sessions for any instructor having questions about D2L or Office 365. Staff will be available to meet faculty in The Center for Excellence & Innovation's Open Spaces, located in the lower level of the Memorial Library, ML 88. If you have questions regarding D2L or Office 365, you may also contact the ITS Service Desk at 6654.
- There will not be any IRB Consulting Drop-In dates within The Center for Excellence & Innovation. Please contact Dr. Hadley by phone or email. There will be three Scholars-At-Work Sessions dealing with IRB: IRB Applications, IRBNet, and IRB Requirements for Consent and Assent Forms. 10/14/15, 10/21/15 and 10/28/15 respectively, from 1:-2:00 p.m., in ML 94B.
Dr. Hadley is available to answer faculty questions regarding Institutional Review Board (IRB) procedures and protocol. Professor Hadley may be reached at 507-389-5102 or email@example.com.
Lecture Recording & Production Suite Drop-In/Open House in ML 94C
- Request an appointment to record your lectures in the HD Lecture Recording & Production Suite! Breaks are a great time to prepare and plan ahead!
Staff will be available to demonstrate or work with faculty/staff members on recording and production of lectures. Stop in and see what technology can bring to your online classes! Appointments are available by contacting Michael Manderfeld.
Communities of Scholars*
Certificates Offered for 2015 Fall Semester
- Assessment for Student Learning Certificate Program
- Build-Your-Own Certificate Program
- The Certificate of Excellence in Online Teaching & Learning (CEOTL)
- The Certificate of Excellence in Teaching & Learning for Graduate Students (CETL-GA)
- Faculty Teaching Certificate Program (FTCP)
- Flipped Instruction Model Certificate Program
- iTeach Writing Certificate Program: Using Technology in the Writing Classroom
- The Institute for the Scholarship of Assessment, Learning, & Teaching (iSALT) Fellows Program
- "Interactive Theater of -isms" For Teaching and Learning
- The Pedagogy of Social Justice/Civic Engagement Seminar Series
- Professional Learning Communities for Department Chairs
- Team-Based Learning (TBL) Certificate Program: An Alternate to Lecturing
- Using Data to Make Informed Decisions
Students Consulting On Teaching (SCOT)
- All instructors are eligible to request a student consultation. See the program page for more information, including details about how to sign up.
Peer Faculty Consultations
- All instructors are eligible. See the program page for more information, including details about how to sign up.
Brown Bag Discussion Series
CLICK HERE for a listing of Fall Brown Bag Discussions. These sessions may work towards a Build-Your-Own Certificate.
There will be a variety of Scholars-At-Work Brown Bag Discussions for FALL Semester. Each week a Minnesota State Mankato faculty member will share their expertise in areas of interest. CLICK HERE for a listing of Fall Scholars-At-Work Series. These sessions may work towards a Build-Your-Own Certificate.
Five Minute Workshops
These engaging one-hour sessions will talk about a variety of topics from current technology to new innovations to teaching methods. These sessions are presented by Academic Technology Services in conjunction with CETL. Go to Academic Technology Training Calendar for the most up-to-date schedule. You can REGISTER or let us know you will be coming and we can register you. Your registrations helps us know that you will be coming. Sessions with no registrations may be canceled.
There are other training opportunities through Acacemic Technology Services staff. See Faculty Develoment and Training Calendar through Academic Technology Services.
To register for any of our programs or to ask questions about any of the programs, please contact CETL's administrative assistant, Mary Van Duynhoven at 507-389-5899 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
*DISCLAIMER: Certificate programs are for professional development only and do not confer a degree.