ProgramsPage address: http://www.mnsu.edu/cetl/programs/
Spring 2016 Professional Development Opportunities through CETL! Revised - 1-19-2016
Above has a listing of the remaining one-hour trainings through The Center for Excellence in Teaching & Learning. If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by call us at 5899.
Spring Semester Desire2Learn (D2L) Brightspace Drop-Ins for Support in ML 88 Open Spaces
Spring Semester Schedule for D2L Brightspace Drop-In Sessions:
- Mondays 9:00-11:00 a.m.
- Tuesdays 1:00-3:00 p.m.
- Wednesdays 2:00-4:00 p.m.
- Thursdays 8:30-10:00am
- Fridays 10:00am-Noon
Please refer to the Academic Technology Services Training Schedule. There is a new schedule for Spring Semester. Refer to the CETL Flier for times. Help will be available for drop-in sessions for any instructor having questions about D2L Brightspace. Staff will be available to meet faculty in The Center for Excellence & Innovation's Open Spaces, located in the lower level of the Memorial Library, ML 88. If you have questions regarding D2L Brightspace when it is not drop-in times, we ask that you contact the ITS Service Desk at 6654.
Instructional Design and Academic Technology Drop-In Sessions in ML 88 Casual Spaces
Our Instructional Design Drop-In hours are available for faculty and staff who seek assistance with technology enriched teaching and learning strategies, and help with our University’s enterprise tools.
The Tech Tactics have been replaced with instructional design and academic technology drop-ins and will be staffed with Academic Technology Services employees. Go to Academic Technology Training Calendar for the most up-to-date schedule.
- Mondays - 2:00-3:00pm (Jeff)
- Tuesdays - 9:30-10:30am (Carrie)
- Wednesdays - 1:00-2:00pm (Vicky)
- Thursdays - 10:00-11:00am (Michael)
- There will not be any IRB Consulting Drop-In dates within The Center for Excellence & Innovation. Please contact Dr. Hadley by phone or email. There will be three Scholars-At-Work Sessions dealing with IRB: IRB Applications, IRBNet, and IRB Requirements for Consent and Assent Forms. 10/14/15, 10/21/15 and 10/28/15 respectively, from 1:-2:00 p.m., in ML 94B.
Dr. Hadley is available to answer faculty questions regarding Institutional Review Board (IRB) procedures and protocol. Professor Hadley may be reached at 507-389-5102 or email@example.com.
Lecture Recording & Production Suite Drop-In/Open House in ML 94C
- Request an appointment to record your lectures in the HD Lecture Recording & Production Suite! Breaks are a great time to prepare and plan ahead!
Staff will be available to demonstrate or work with faculty/staff members on recording and production of lectures. Stop in and see what technology can bring to your online classes! Appointments are available by contacting Michael Manderfeld.
Communities of Scholars*
Certificates Offered for 2016 Spring Semester
- Assessment for Student Learning Certificate Program
- Build-Your-Own Certificate Program
- Flipped Instruction Model Certificate Program
- The Institute for the Scholarship of Assessment, Learning & Teaching (iSALT) Program
- Team-Based Learning (TBL) Certificate Program: An Alternate to Lecturing
Students Consulting On Teaching (SCOT)
- The Students Consulting On Teaching (SCOT) program is dedicated to
quality education. SCOTs serve as an excellent resource to faculty members
by providing valuable insights to supplement student evaluations and peer
reviews. They offer an objective perspective since they are not working for
a grade. The SCOTs have experienced a wide range of college teaching
situations and styles.
- All instructors are eligible to request a student consultation. See the program page for more information, including details about how to sign up.
Peer Faculty Consultations
- CETL retains a pool of qualified, experienced Peer Faculty to offer objective
classroom observations for all faculty campus-wide. The program is designed
to provide non-evaluative observation reflections concerning your specific
course. All information collected and shared during the observation is
confidential. Your Peer Faculty match will be someone from outside the
college in which you work.
- All instructors are eligible. See the program page for more information, including details about how to sign up.
Brown Bag Discussion Series
CLICK HERE for a listing of Fall Brown Bag Discussions. These sessions may work towards a Build-Your-Own Certificate.
There will be a variety of Scholars-At-Work Brown Bag Discussions for FALL Semester. Each week a Minnesota State Mankato faculty member will share their expertise in areas of interest. CLICK HERE for a listing of Fall Scholars-At-Work Series. These sessions may work towards a Build-Your-Own Certificate.
Five Minute Workshops
To register for any of our programs or to ask questions about any of the programs, please contact CETL's administrative assistant, Mary Van Duynhoven at 507-389-5899 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
*DISCLAIMER: Certificate programs are for professional development only and do not confer a degree.