CTAM Executive Committee Meeting
September 16, 2010
Members present: Mark Fokken, Cliff Janke, Larry Schnoor, Jan Urtel, David Brennan, Scott Duroscher, Dan Cronn –Mills
Meeting called to order 5:37pm.
1. Convention Details: Registration, logistics, future plans, etc. Discussion centered on details of registration, location. 271 pre-registered; the luncheon is full, so some registrations may need some reimbursement. Expecting 20 – 25 walk-ins. Scott D. brought evaluation forms as well as other updated forms. A Drop box is located at the registration table each day.
Some conversation centered again on how to limit people who are coming in to present a session from stopping by for the luncheon. Determined efforts by the coordinator of the conference to communicate this to the contact person of each session, often runs counter to that.
A bid for 2012 from CragunÕs resort in Brainerd is being considered. Sept. 13-15, 2012. $84.43 and $42.44 per person in a double. 200+ rooms available or cabins for a similar price. The meal fee is a bit higher than we are now paying, and this might increase our registration fee for a conference in that location. The BOG dinner would be $30.00 per plate.
Discussion ensued on how to negotiate the package as to cover the food bill a bit at CragunÕs. Another option is forthcoming from Willmar, from Keith Green. Details to follow.
2. Journal Editor Vacancy: Aileen Buslig has offered her resignation editor of CTAM journal to the BOG. Michael Dreher from Bethel University as well as Jim Dimock from MSU- Mankato have shown interest in the position. Discussion ensued on these candidates. Larry Schnoor made the motion to appoint Jim Dimock and Scott seconded the motion. No other discussion was offered, and the vote was unanimous to offer the position to Jim Dimock.
3. Elections on Saturday Morning-Absentee
Ballots: Absentee ballots are prepared and can be picked up at registration
table if people are not available to be at the meeting.
4. Vacancies on BOG (Community College Rep). Is this separate from Tech. College anymore? Couldn't they be the same person? Some discussion centered on whether or not to continue to seat both a community college rep and a technical school rep. At this time it was decided to continue the practice.
5. A proposal will be forth-coming sponsored by the Perpich Center to receive a grant from the CTAM foundation to support the MN Dept of Ed, Scholars of distinction program which funds a scholarship for student scholars in theater.
5. Other: Departmental memberships for college and universities. This practice has deteriorated, yet CTAM as an organization would like to see this continued and supported by universities. Mark sent out emails asking for support in this endeavor. This may be added to the duties of the president to send out this correspondence in the fall or late spring.
With no other business Mark called for a motion to adjourn.
Meeting adjourned 6:21pm.
Jan Urtel- secretary