Page address: http://www.mnsu.edu/cmst/faculty/department-desc.html
- Andreas Committee
for reviewing and recommending to the Department the (1) recipient of
the Andreas GTA appointment, (2) the recipient of the Andreas Summer
Scholar appointment, and the (3) Andreas Visiting Scholar(s).
- Arts and Humanities Curriculum
One faculty member to represent the department at A&H Curriculum Committee meetings.
- Colloquium Series:
The department sponsors an in-department series of informative and
research presentations throughout the academic year. This committee
will organize and promote the Colloquium Series.
- Department Curriculum:
- Review proposed courses and programs, including special topics, and advise department
- Review curriculum annually and issue report on any needed changes
- Lambda Pi Eta/Speech Club
- Maintain chapter status (send checks and paperwork)
- Maintain status as a recognized organization on campus (paperwork)
- Try to sponsor some activities--we have sponsored speakers about careers, interviews, etc
- Recruit members
- Sponsor graduation reception each semester
- Order supplies and honor cords, etc
- Library Liaison
One faculty member serves as our connection to the library. The person
coordinates library holdings with library staff and submits requests
for library purchases.
- Long-Range Planning and Assessment:
- Review assessment plan annually and issue report on any needed changes
- Plan and conduct annual assessment
- Prepare annual assessment report
- MAGS Selection:
MAGS is the Midwest Association of Graduate Schools. Every year MAGS
hosts a thesis competition from its member institutions. This committee
will review submitted theses from within our department and select one
to forward to the MSU Graduate College.
- Review all PDP plans and offer suggestions
all PDP reports and offer comments. These reviews are part of the RTP
process, including annual notice of non-renewal and tenure and
- Advise Department chair on hiring of adjunct faculty
- Supports the department chair in scheduling course offerings for fall, spring and summer terms.
- Follows the pre-determined rotation of undergraduate and graduate offerings for on-campus and online courses.
of Graduate Studies is be a member to ensure offerings (on-campus and
online) are sufficient to meet graduate student needs.
- Webpage Administration
Coordinates and maintains the department's webpages