Master of SciencePage address: http://www.mnsu.edu/cmst/programs/masterofscience.html
- (On-campus or Online program - 36 credits)
Major Common Core
- CMST 600 Seminar in Communication Theory (3 cr.)
- CMST 601 Communication Research Methods (3 cr.)
- CMST 602 Communication Pedagogy (3 cr.)
- CMST 603 Strategies: Basic Course (0 cr.) *required only of Teaching Assistants
- CMST 650 Capstone Prospectus (0 cr.)*601 prerequisite for 650
Major Restricted Electives
Choose 12-15 credits within the department at the 500-600 level in consultation with an advisor.
Major Unrestricted Electives
Choose 6 credits outside of the department at the 500-600 level in consultation with an advisor.
Required internship, set up in consultation with an advisor.
- CMST 697 Internship (6-9 cr.)
- No P/N credit is acceptable in fulfilling major requirements except in cases of thesis, practicums, internships, in-service courses and individual study, and then only by special permission of the department.
- Fifty percent (50%) of all coursework must be at the 600-level.
- A maximum of six (6) graduate credits from "NFL" courses may be applied toward satisfactory completion of the Master of Science in Communication Studies. This limit may be waived with consent of a student's graduate advisor.
- A maximum of three (3) credits from CMST 677-Individual Study may be applied toward completion of the Master of Science in Communication Studies. The limit may be waived with consent of the graduate advisor.
- Students must complete a minimum of 18 graduate credits before taking CMST 697.