Efficacy Information on the Internet in Speech-Language
Pathology and Audiology
Important General Resources
Child Language Disorders
Australian Centre for Evidence-Based Practice in Speech Pathology contains an extensive bibliography on evidence-based practice in a variety of disorder areas.
- Enderby, Pam; Emerson, Joyce, Speech
and language therapy: does it work? British Medical Journal, June
- Screening for
speech and language delay: a systematic review of the literature
Health Technology Assessment 1998
Hearing, Speech, Language and Vision Screening an Effective
Health Care bulletin
- Speech-Language Evidence Based Research from U Texas at Dallas Callier Center Library. This bibliography contains "results of several specific searches in PubMed, the research database of the National Library of Medicine, and in CINAHL, the database of nursing and allied health literature. The selection contains clinical trials, randomized controlled trials, meta-analyses, and review articles. The entries are grouped as closely as possible to the medical subject heading assigned to them by the indexers at NLM or CINAHL."
General Child Language Disorders
Evidence-Based Practice Guidelines for the Management of Communication Disorders in Neurologically Imaired Individuals, includes Direct Attention Training, Management of Velopharyngeal Function and TBI Practice.
Motor Speech Disorders
Traumatic Brain Injury
Stuttering efficacy bibliography
- From the UCL Psychology Speech Group, a printable pdf file of
Thomas, C., & Howell, P.. Journal of Fluency Disorders, 26, 1-23.
Assessing efficacy of stuttering treatments, an online lecture
with notes, an extensive bibliography, a chart comparision of 8 studies
- Abstracts from the Oxford Dysfluency Conference, 1996, which
featured a presentation by Dr Susan Meyers-Fosnot, Children's Hospital
of Los Angeles & University of California 'Examining
treatment efficacy in the diagnosis and treatment of childhood fluency
disorders . Her abstract includes an extensive bibliography,
- Information on Curlee and Siegel's book, Nature and Treatment of
Stuttering: New Directions, which includes
chapter by Ingham and Cordes on treatment efficacy
- A short article on Research in
Early Childhood Stuttering by Ehud Yairi
- An extensive two-part annotated annotated bibliography with many
articles containing the keyword "efficacy" part
- Efficacy in Stuttering Treatment - bibliography of treatment efficacy for stuttering combines bibliographies from two resources: Treatment Efficacy Bibliography from the American Speech-Language and Hearing Association and Examples of Evidence Based Practice in Speech Pathology from the Australian Centre for Evidence-Based Practice in Speech Pathology. Hotlinks have been made to all the articles for which abstracts could be found in the MEDLINE database.
last modified August 20, 2004