Weekend Workshop 2005
Facts about stuttering:
… Stuttering is no oneís fault!
… It is not contagious.
… Everyone stutters some of the time.
… Lots of famous people stutter.
… Kids who stutter are no different than other kids.
ButÖÖ.families are important to kids who work on their stutteringÖ
What can I do?????
1. Give your brother/sister time to talk.
2. Take turns speaking.
3. Allow your brother/sister to finish speaking.
4. Talk to them about speech.
5. Ask them what might help.
6. Remember: Teasing hurts..
Weekend Workshop 2005.
A final taskÖ..draw a picture or write a note to your brother/sister letting them know what you have learned about stuttering. Remind them of some of the things they do that are specialÖ