General Discussion Topics
Dropping your "shoulds"
Making your choices
Being in the present
Exercising your rights and responsibilities
Changing with change
The benefits of stuttering or being a stutterer
Letting go of:
Exploring protective mechanisms of:
Developing the 1, 2, 3's of assertive behavior:
- Blaming and rationalizing
Dealing with anger in four steps:
- Use an empathy statement
- State what you want
- Suggest an outcome to the other person
Defining "effort" personally
- Identity the anger
- Clarify/stick to the issue
- State your position
- Assessing resctions/non-reactions of others objectively
- Dealing with biases
- Taking your time/perceiving time elapse periods
- Being less than "perfect"
- Who am I?