1. Judith Maginnis Kuster: Mankato State University http://www.mnsu.edu/comdis/kuster/stutter.html Many excellent resources for professionals, teachers, parents, children and adults who stutter, and significant others.
2. John Ahlbach: FRIENDS: The Association of Young People Who Stutter. 1220 Rosita Rd., Pacifica, CA 94044-4223 Phone: 650.355.0215. Web site: www.friendswhostutter.org A super organization that really cares about children and their caregivers. They publish "Reaching Out" bimonthly. Sponsors national and regional meetings.
3. Stuttering Foundation of America: 3100 Walnut Grove Road, Suite 603, PO Box 11749, Memphis, TN 38111-0749. Phone: 800.992.9392. Web site: firstname.lastname@example.org. Publishes an extensive list of books and pamphlets about stuttering. An excellent resource. Most publications are modestly priced and very informative. Has a resource/referral list of professionals.
4. American Speech-Language-Hearing Association 10801 Rockville Pike, Rockville, MD 20852-3279 301.897.5700 The professional organization for Speech & Language Pathologists and Audiologists. Has publications of wide interest.
5. National Stuttering Project, 51 00 East La Palma, Suite 208, Anaheim Hills, CA 92807. 800.364.1677. Web site: www.nspstutter.org/nspconta.html Publishes "Letting Go." A very good resource for self-help groups across the US. Sponsors regional and national conventions. Publications.
6. The Speak Easy International, 233 Concord Drive, Paramus, NJ 07652 201.262.0895. Publishes "The Speak Easy Newsletter" and hosts an annual meeting. An excellent high quality resource.
7. AIMS: American Institute for the Management of Stuttering. Gerald F. Johnson, Ph.D., 474 Lake Bluff Lane, Grafton, WI 53024. 414.377.2301; FAX: 414.377.5377; Email: email@example.com Specializing in the prevention and treatment of stuttering in children and adults. Consultations and creative therapy to meet the needs of the individual.
8. Contact many universities, clinics, hospitals, schools and those persons in private practice for a person who specializes in the treatment of stuttering. There are many excellent people available in most locations.