The third question was sent by Jennifer. Her question and some of
the answers she got are below:
Sometimes people tease me because I hang out with kids they think are "losers' and they think I am a loser, too. I always try to make them stop but nothing seems to make them listen to me. I don't think they will ever listen to me. I know that all the time people get stubborn and they think it's funny when people get teased. I just can't say what I want to say because I know they will make fun of what I say or they will just ignore what I say.
- My brother always stutters. He took speech therapy and it has helped alot. There are some ways to help it.
- Wait until no one is talking.
- Talk low & slow. I've noticed when my brother starts studdering his voice gets louder and louder.It doesn't help when you talk under stress which leads me to
- Plan what your going to say before you say it. It's a hard thing to
remember but it helps tremendously.
- If you are teased or even called Porky Pig, smile and say 'th-th-th- thats all folks'
- From Ja'Mal (5th grade):
"When people make fun of you about your stuttering and they mock you just say that they need a speech teacher more than you do because their stuttering is worse than yours."
added June 18, 2002
last modified March 4, 2003