The Special Interest Division 4 of the American Speech-Language and Hearing Association is dedicated to
- excellence of research in fluency and fluency disorders and of service to those who stutter
- recognition of the multidimensionality of FluencyDisorders
- public awareness and understanding of Fluency Disorders and acceptance of those with chronic stuttering
- universal access to a cadre of specialists in the prevention and treatment of Fluency Disorders.
ASHA maintains an open Division 4 website which contains
- The Division Vision Statement
- Study and Professional Issues
- Affiliate Benefits
- Division Steering Committee
- How to join a division
A password-protected website containing shared instructional and therapy materials is also available to exclusively to Division 4 members as part of their membership.
Current webweaver, Judy Kuster
last updated January 27, 2004