Videotape of Paths Toward Recovery
Listen to the recordings from the 1996 ASHA convention. Listen to what each of the speakers has to say, and be ready to discuss the following:
• Did you note any "common threads" throughout the presentations?
• Did the presenter' stories give you any new or different insights into the disorder of stuttering?
• If you were to define/explain the disorder of stuttering solely on the information presented by the panelists, what would your definition/explanation be?
• Which speakers used voluntary stuttering? How do you know? In what way can voluntary stuttering can be a useful clinical tool?
• What information from the panel will help you to be a better fluency clinician?
• Any other observation you may have.