Judy Kuster's fun home page
JUDY KUSTER'S FUN HOME PAGE
I am a professor emerita from the Department of Communication Disorders at Minnesota State University, Mankato. The following links represent a variety of personal interests. If you have heard a lot about Y2K and were concerned about the milleneum bug check this out.
ARTS AND CRAFTS IDEAS
- Crafts, Inc.
- Wonderful Stitches On Line Sampler Stitch Patterns Now Available for Needlepoint, Quilt-Stitch and Cross-Stitch Decorative Stitches.
- Places to Go (and things to do)
- Our Trip to Israel - summer 1999.
- CIA World Factbook, annual country information reference book by the US Central Intelligence Agency.
- A tiny glimpse (119K jpeg) of Mankato in October.
- A visit to the White House.
- National Cathedral
- Links to the Past, information and news from the National Park Service programs in archaeology, ethnography, historic landscapes, historic structures, history, and museum management.
- English Tourist Board
- An exhibit of The Dead Sea Scrolls
- Pompeii Forum
- Online autopsy of an Inca Teenager sacrificed five centuries ago by Inca priests in
Peru and discovered in1995.
- Peabody Museum of Archaeology and Ethnology houses treasures of prehistoric and historic cultures from all over the world.
- National Museum of Women in the Arts
- treasure hunting
- A trip to the zoo
- Chicago's Museum of Science and Industry
- The National Geographic Society online.
- Government of Ireland, read about the economics, literature, music, folklore, sport of Ireland, etc.
- Guide to Virginia Civil War Battlefields & Sites
- Pyramids: The Inside Story
- Mysteries of the Nile, a self-guided tour through the Land of the Pharaohs.
- National Park Foundation includes information on every U.S. National
- Parks and History Association includes an online gallery of photos from national parks and historic sites.
- American Birding Association
- provides historical data and road maps for the "medieval fortifications of Germany."
- Country Studies "from the Federal Research Division of the Library of Congress.. There are already close to a hundred countries.
- Anne Frank House
- Dangerous Places - maybe places NOT to go;-)
- And for some of my daughters who love to explore shopping malls all over the country, the ultimate Netmall
- Lewis and Clark by National Geographic.
- Ghost Towns
- Places to Stay
- Ways to Get There
- Airline companies that offer special airfares and weekly notification
- TheAir Traveler's Handbook
- MapQuest contains an interactive street guide that accesses maps anywhere in the world and TripQuest for mapping out driving directions in the continental US, Canada and Mexico.
- AutoPilot includes a personalized and comprehensive itinerary that explains how to get from Point A to Point B
KEEPING IN TOUCH
ESPECIALLY FOR THE "KIDS"
BOOKS, MAGAZINES, MOVIE SCRIPTS, TV,ETC.
- American Journalism Review contains links to online versions of Twenty-three of the 50 largest circulation U.S. magazines including Reader's Digest, Good Housekeeping, National Geographic, Ladies' Home Journal, People, Redbook, Sports Illustrated, Field and Stream, US News and World Report
- Movies and TV
- Newspapers and online News
- National Public Radio
- Audio transmission of NPR's daily interview program, Fresh Air - interviews with famous writers, actors, directors, cultural figures.
- Car Talk is the official site of Ray and Tom Magliozzi's NPR talk show about cars and how to fix them.
- Your Personal Family History: Learning About Genealogy is filled with valuable resources.
- The Morman church's genealogy website is VERY busy!!
Social Security Death Index
- International Black Sheep Society provides a nice page of Genealogy sites
- Links to Census sites
- Free Census Finder links to free Census records online.
- A good
- Civil War
- Obituaries and short biographies of many famous people.
- Find a Grave
- Illinois Ancestor Exchange
Genealogical surname finder
Today in history
Calendar for any year
- Klondike Gold Rush includes a searchable database of records of and by folks who were there, anecdotes, chronologies, and stories that reveal the spirit and people of those difficult times.
- Family History searchable databases
U.S. Gazetteer is used to identify places to view with the Tiger Map Server and obtain census data from the 1990 Census Lookup server.
- GeneaNet, a searchable list of surnames dating before 1850.
The computerized ancestor
- National Archives search page
- Historic & Cultural Atlas Resource
- Library of Congress's American Memory Collection - a growing repository of text, photographs, maps, moving images, including manuscripts of over 2900 narratives based on interviews with average people around the US as a project of the Federal Writers' Project from 1936-1940.
- First Nations Histories, a project which will cover nearly 250 tribal histories of Native Americans.
- U.S. GENWEB Project - amazing!!
- Buffalo, New York history
- Family Tree Searcher.
Enter your ancestor information just once to search your ancestry at multiple
online genealogy databases.
- Genealogy: Advice
for Effective Searches. Answer a series of simple questions and get
free, customized advice on the most effective next steps in your
- The Highland Clearances - between about 1785 and the late 1850's, landowners in the Scottish Highlands evicted small farmers, using the land for sheep farms. My Scotch-Irish roots may have emigrated to America in the late 1780's,
- Salem Witch Trials Documentary Archive - over 160 people were accused of
witchcraft in the Massachusetts Bay Colony, and 25 died as a result,
many of them executed. One who died was a Barnes. I have ancestors by that name, but no connection that I can verify.
- Freedom: A History of U.S. by PBS.
- Township Map of Dane County - 1873
- Dane County Historical Society
http://www.wisconsinhistory.org/genealogy/index.html">Wisconsin Historical Society
- Some direct family links
QUOTATIONS (and ways with words!
FOR MY ELEMENTARY SCHOOL TEACHING FRIENDS
MISCELLANEOUS LINKS I LIKE
- Miscellaneous Medical sites
- Miscellaneous fix-it sites
- Miscellaneous audio sites
- Miscellaneous music sites
- Miscellaneous miscellaneous sites
copyright 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013
Web builder - Judy Kuster
last updated February 24, 2013
other Kuster home pages Net Connections for Communication Disorders and Sciences and
Stuttering Home Page