Judy Kuster's fun home page
JUDY KUSTER'S FUN HOME PAGE
I am a professor emerita from the Department of Communication Disorders at Minnesota State University, Mankato. The following links represent a variety of personal interests. If you have heard a lot about Y2K and were concerned about the milleneum bug check this out.
ARTS AND CRAFTS IDEAS
- Crafts, Inc.
- Wonderful Stitches On Line Sampler Stitch Patterns Now Available for Needlepoint, Quilt-Stitch and Cross-Stitch Decorative Stitches.
- Places to Go (and things to do)
- Our Trip to Israel - summer 1999.
- CIA World Factbook, annual country information reference book by the US Central Intelligence Agency.
- A tiny glimpse (119K jpeg) of Mankato in October.
- A visit to the White House.
- National Cathedral
- Links to the Past, information and news from the National Park Service programs in archaeology, ethnography, historic landscapes, historic structures, history, and museum management.
- English Tourist Board
- An exhibit of The Dead Sea Scrolls
- Pompeii Forum
- Online autopsy of an Inca Teenager sacrificed five centuries ago by Inca priests in
Peru and discovered in1995.
- Peabody Museum of Archaeology and Ethnology houses treasures of prehistoric and historic cultures from all over the world.
- National Museum of Women in the Arts
- treasure hunting
- A trip to the zoo
- Chicago's Museum of Science and Industry
- The National Geographic Society online.
- Government of Ireland, read about the economics, literature, music, folklore, sport of Ireland, etc.
- Guide to Virginia Civil War Battlefields & Sites
- Pyramids: The Inside Story
- Mysteries of the Nile, a self-guided tour through the Land of the Pharaohs.
- National Park Foundation includes information on every U.S. National
- Parks and History Association includes an online gallery of photos from national parks and historic sites.
- American Birding Association
- provides historical data and road maps for the "medieval fortifications of Germany."
- Country Studies "from the Federal Research Division of the Library of Congress.. There are already close to a hundred countries.
- Anne Frank House
- And for some of my daughters who love to explore shopping malls all over the country, the ultimate Netmall
- Lewis and Clark by National Geographic.
- Ghost Towns
- Places to Stay
- Ways to Get There
- Airline companies that offer special airfares and weekly notification
- TheAir Traveler's Handbook
- MapQuest contains an interactive street guide that accesses maps anywhere in the world and TripQuest for mapping out driving directions in the continental US, Canada and Mexico.
- AutoPilot includes a personalized and comprehensive itinerary that explains how to get from Point A to Point B
KEEPING IN TOUCH
ESPECIALLY FOR THE "KIDS"
BOOKS, MAGAZINES, MOVIE SCRIPTS, TV,ETC.
- American Journalism Review contains links to online versions of Twenty-three of the 50 largest circulation U.S. magazines including Reader's Digest, Good Housekeeping, National Geographic, Ladies' Home Journal, People, Redbook, Sports Illustrated, Field and Stream, US News and World Report
- Movies and TV
- Newspapers and online News
- National Public Radio
- Audio transmission of NPR's daily interview program, Fresh Air - interviews with famous writers, actors, directors, cultural figures.
- Car Talk is the official site of Ray and Tom Magliozzi's NPR talk show about cars and how to fix them.
- Your Personal Family History: Learning About Genealogy is filled with valuable resources.
- The Morman church's genealogy website is VERY busy!!
Social Security Death Index
- Links to Census sites
- Free Census Finder links to free Census records online.
- A good
- Civil War
- Obituaries and short biographies of many famous people.
- Find a Grave
Today in history
Calendar for any year
- Klondike Gold Rush includes a searchable database of records of and by folks who were there, anecdotes, chronologies, and stories that reveal the spirit and people of those difficult times.
- Family History searchable databases
U.S. Gazetteer Files congressional districts, places, counties, county subdivisions, census tracts, American Indian areas, school districts, state legislative districts, urban areas, and ZIP Code tabulation areas (ZCTAs).
- GeneaNet, a searchable list of surnames dating before 1850.
- National Archives search page
- Historic & Cultural Atlas Resource
- Library of Congress's American Memory Collection - a growing repository of text, photographs, maps, moving images, including manuscripts of over 2900 narratives based on interviews with average people around the US as a project of the Federal Writers' Project from 1936-1940.
- First Nations Histories, a project which will cover nearly 250 tribal histories of Native Americans.
- U.S. GENWEB Project - amazing!!
- Buffalo, New York history
- Family Tree Searcher.
Enter your ancestor information just once to search your ancestry at multiple
online genealogy databases.
- Genealogy: Advice
for Effective Searches. Answer a series of simple questions and get
free, customized advice on the most effective next steps in your
- The Highland Clearances - between about 1785 and the late 1850's, landowners in the Scottish Highlands evicted small farmers, using the land for sheep farms. My Scotch-Irish roots may have emigrated to America in the late 1780's,
- Salem Witch Trials Documentary Archive - over 160 people were accused of
witchcraft in the Massachusetts Bay Colony, and 25 died as a result,
many of them executed. One who died was a Barnes. I have ancestors by that name, but no connection that I can verify.
- Freedom: A History of U.S. by PBS.
- Township Map of Dane County - 1873
- Dane County Historical Society
http://www.wisconsinhistory.org/genealogy/index.html">Wisconsin Historical Society
- Some direct family links
QUOTATIONS (and ways with words!
FOR MY ELEMENTARY SCHOOL TEACHING FRIENDS
MISCELLANEOUS LINKS I LIKE
- Miscellaneous Medical sites
- Miscellaneous fix-it sites
- Miscellaneous audio sites
- Miscellaneous music sites
- Miscellaneous miscellaneous sites
copyright 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015
Web builder - Judy Kuster
last updated April 6, 2015
other Kuster home pages Net Connections for Communication Disorders and Sciences and
Stuttering Home Page