INTERNATIONAL, NATIONAL and STATE ASSOCIATIONS
- International Organizations
- State Associations
Information on Ethics
Funding Research - Grant information
GENERAL AND PERSONAL SLP SITES IN THE US AND AROUND THE WORLD
- General Pages - USA
- General Pages - International and non-English
- Personal Pages - USA
- Brennan, Tom
- Courville, Alicia
- Judith Duchan
- Gillam, Ronald
- Nancy Henderson
- Katz, William
- Kefauver, Leslie
- McCarthy, Mary Payne
- McComas, Karen
- Parette, Phil
- Quesal, Robert
- Styba, Leslie
- Personal pages - International
ONLINE COURSES AND CEUS IN COMMUNICATION SCIENCES AND DISORDERS
Below are examples of some courses that have been or are offered totally online. Contact the sponsoring university to see if they are still available.
Below are examples of some online CEUs that have been or are offered totally online.
- Online CEU's from Speechpaths.com.
- AAC Online Courses by Creative Communicating are offered by credit or CEU.
- Four International Stuttering Awareness Day online conferences have been offered by Minnesota State University, Mankato, for CEU or credit. Check for additional offerings from October 1-22 each year.
FINDING, APPLYING FOR, AND FUNDING A DEGREE
- Speech Therapy Assistant Programs
- Finding a graduate program
- Preparing for the GRE
- Online help in applying to graduate programs
- Financial Aid for Education
- Employment outlook for Speech-Language Pathology and Audiology
- Finding a Job
- Thomas Legislative Information on the Internet provides full text of legislation searchable by keyword or bill number and full text of the Congressional Record, the daily account of the Senate and the House, searchable by keyword. Also information on how to contact federal legislators, including E-mail directories for selected House and Senate members and committees.
- StateSearch is a service of the National Association of State Information Resource Executives and is designed to serve as a topical clearinghouse to state government information on the Internet, including Health, Human Services and Welfare pages, Education, and connections to State Legislatures.
- A keyword searchable Code of Federal Regulations
- The U.S. Department of Justice website contains a pointer to information about the Americans with Disabilities Act, including the full text and fact sheets
- OSHA website contains OSHA Standards, fact sheets and more
- Sponsored by the National
Institute on Disability and Rehabilitation Research (NIDRR)this website contains copies of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), ADA regulations, technical assistance manuals prepared by the United States Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) or the United States Department of Justice(DOJ), and other technical assistance documents
State and local government on the Net
- U.S. Department of Education - contains information on all aspects of the U.S. education system including special education laws, online pamphlets and publications, and access to ERIC Digests.
- Educational Resources - page includes information on disabilities, assistive technology, special ed. law, online journals and publications and much more.
- Links to Americans with Disabilities Act Document Center by Duncan C. Kinder
DESIGNING, PRESENTING, AND FUNDING RESEARCH
- Some ASHA Convention Papers Online
- Grants and research information from The National Institute of Health
- Forms for NIH Grant Applications (FTP) in electronic format, to be used in word processors
Research Funding Opportunities and Administration
- A Grant Getter's Guide to the Internet, the Federal Register, and other information about applying for grants
- Yahoo's links to information on grants
- Links to the Federal Register
- NIH Grants and Funding Opportunities is a major biomedical database containing information on research ventures supported by the US Public Health Service. There is a full-text searchable version of the CRISP (The Computer Retrieval of Information on Scientific Projects) database which is updated weekly.
- From the University of Texas, information on grants collected all over the United States, including information categorized by deadlines, month, agency, federal government, NIH, NSF, template forms, etc.
The Illinois Researcher Information Service
- The Foundation Center
BOOKS and JOURNALS
- Medical Dictionaries / Medical Terminology
- Reference "books" and guides
The Merck Manual is the most widely used medical text in the world, describing symptoms, common clinical procedures, laboratory tests, and most medical disorders. Current therapy is presented for
each disorder and supplemented with a separate section on clinical pharmacology. You will be asked to register before using the manual.
Simply fill in the information requested and continue.
- Net Connections for Communication Disorders and Sciences is a comprehensive guide to internet resources of interest to professionals and students in communication disorders and sciences as well as persons with communication disabilities and those who are part of their lives.
- Clearinghouse for Subject-Oriented Internet Resource Guides
- An exceptional archive of Grand Rounds Presentations from Baylor's Department of Otorhinolaryngology and Communicative Sciences Department. This link provides access to the entire table of contents. Several of the individual links are also provided under the specific disorder contents of this homepage.
- Web reference library
Web masters notebook
- Family Village Library Card Catalog integrates information, resources, and communication opportunities on the Internet for persons with cognitive and other disabilities, their families, and those that provide them services and supports.
- Periodicals - On-Line Journals And Publications
- ADVANCE for Speech-Language Pathology and Audiology
Alzheimer's Disease Review online, peer-reviewed
of the latest advances in Alzheimer's disease research and an overview of current issues.
Behavioral & Brain Sciences (BBS) is an international, interdisciplinary journal of "open peer commentary," published by Cambridge University Press. Publishes important and controversial interdisciplinary "target articles" in psychology, neuroscience, behavioral biology, cognitive science, artificial intelligence, linguistics and philosophy. Articles are rigorously refereed and, if accepted, are circulated to a large number of potential commentators around the world in the various specialties on which the article impinges. Their 1000-word commentaries are then co-published with the target article as well as the author's response to each. The commentaries consist of analyses, elaborations, complementary and supplementary data and theory, criticisms and cross-specialty syntheses.
Journal of the Acoustic Society of America abstracts
- Journal of Applied Behavior Analysis provides a full-text search on every abstract published in JABA since its start in 1968, including articles on fluency, attention deficit disorder, autism,etc.
The Canadian Journal of Plastic Surgery is the Official Journal of:
Canadian Society of Plastic Surgeons Canadian Society for Aesthetic (Cosmetic) Plastic Surgery Groupe pour l'Avancement de la Microchirurgie Canada (GAM)
- Hearsay the Newsletter of the Speech and Hearing Clinic at the University of Georgia
- Journal of Children's Communication Development abstracts
- Journal of the Experimental Analysis of Behavior provides full-text searches on every abstract published in JEAB since its start in 1958, including articles on fluency, attention deficit disorder, autism, etc.
- Journal of Fluency Disorders table of contents
Online Journal of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery is the Official Journal of The Institute for Craniofacial Plastic Surgery, Campinas, Brazil.
- Abstracts online of
Neuron a leading general journal of neuroscience,
- Psyche is a refereed electronic journal dedicated to supporting the interdisciplinary exploration of the nature of consciousness and its relation to the brain
- sign on and establish a free account at the American Medical Association website. This will allow access to the AMA's home page from which you can access a table of contents, search tool and abstracts for the several medical journals including the following:
- Journal of the American Medical Association (JAMA)
- Archives of Family Medicine
- Archives of General Psychiatry
- Archives of Neurology
- Archives of Otolaryngology - Head & Neck Surgery
- Archives of Pediatrics & Adolescent Medicine
- Archives of Surgery
- SID 14 Electronic Newsletter
Electronic Journal of Sociology includes a searchable archive of articles dating back to 1994.
last updated February 20, 2007