CFP® ExaminationPage address: http://www.mnsu.edu/continuinged/cfp/certification/exam.html
Upon successful completion of the program requirements, those students interested in the CFP® Certification Examination should complete the following:
- Students who earned a cumulative "B" average.
- Receive a Minnesota State University, Mankato Certificate in Financial Planning
- Register themselves for the CFP® Certification Examination. Application deadline is approximately six weeks before the exam.
- A student ID number is NOT required for registration for the Exam
- Minnesota State University, Mankato will notify CFP Board of your completion of the program (meeting the education requirement by the last 4 digits of your Social Security Number)
- Take a recommended review course - they are desigend to teach you how to prepare for the CFP® Certification Examination.
- Pass the exam - Students completing the Financial Planning Certificate Program at Minnesota State Mankato have had a pass rate significantly higher than the national average for 5 consecutive years!
The 10-hour exam is divided into two 2-hour sessions (Friday afternoon) and two 3-hour sessions (Saturday). The Exam is administered three times a year on the third Friday and Saturday in March, July and November. For an exact date and location, please call CFP Board at 800-487-1497 visit the official CFP Board website.