Minnesota Get OnlinePage address: http://www.mnsu.edu/continuinged/minnesotagetonline/
Minnesota Get Your Business Online is a Google-led program dedicated to helping to drive economic growth by providing Minnesota local businesses the tools and resources to get online and succeed. This workshop will show you what’s needed to get your business online and then walk you through the process. The sessions are easy to follow, with tips for success from some of the country’s leading marketing specialists. The tips are even broken down by time required and complexity. So dive in:
- Create your website
- Drive visitors to it
- Get found online in your town
- Build a loyal set of fans
- Serve your customers wherever they are
- Measure and learn what works
DATE: Thursday October 18, 2012
1. Get Your Business Online - 8:30-10:00 a.m.
This seminar is an easy, free and fast way for businesses to get online. With professional templates and a few easy steps, businesses can create and publish a website in less than 60 minutes. This session includes:
- A free, easy-to-build, professional website
- A free customized domain name and web hosting for one year
- A local business listing on Google Places
- Learn how to optimize your new website to be found on Google
2. Running Your Business Online - 10:30 a.m.-12:00 noon
Run your Business Online is a great way to find out how to take advantage of online tools to run and promote your business. This session includes:
- Learn more about Google’s top tools for small businesses, including Goole Places, Google AdWords, Google Analytics and Google Apps.
- Discover how to get found and attract customers
3. Google+ -1:00-2:30 p.m.
Learn about Google's new social media platform and how it can benefit you and your business. You will explore all of its features and learn how to set it up.
4. Google for Nonprofits - 3:00-4:30 p.m.
Apply for the Google for Nonprofits program and get access to exclusive products and resources to help your organization expand its impact for FREE, including:
- Google Grants: Free AdWords advertising to promote your website on Google through keyword targeting.
- YouTube for Nonprofits: Premium branding capabilities on YouTube channels, increased uploading capacity, the ability to select custom thumbnail images, and call-to-action overlay on your videos.
- Google Earth Outreach Grants: Free licensing for Google Earth Pro, Google SketchUp Pro and Maps API Premier.
- Google Apps for Nonprofits: Free version of Google Apps for Nonprofits, which includes Google Email platform, Google Docs, Google Calendar, 24/7 customer support and more.
- Google+: Makes connecting on the web more like connecting in the real world. Share your thoughts, links and photos with the right circles. Use easy, spontaneous video chat to strike up conversations with as many as nine people at once and connect with users like never before.
Location: Minnesota State University, Mankato - the newly renovated Centennial Student Union Ballroom
Cost: No Cost to Attend
- Free (parking in Lot 4 at MNSU)
- Please bring your own laptops as there will be a limited number available at the workshops
Why is Google doing this?
Small businesses are vital to America’s economic future; the nation’s 27.5M small businesses comprise half the US GDP and create two-thirds of all new jobs. While 97% of Americans look online for local products and services, 59% of Minnesota small businesses do not have a website. That’s a lot of small businesses that are virtually invisible to potential customers looking online.
- Entrepreneurs and business owners
Continuing education credits: 1.5 contact hours per session
Local success stories: Minnesota success stories
- A number of representatives from Google will be on hand to assist for the sessions.
Questions: If you have questions about the training or how to register, contact the College of University Extended Education at 507-389-2572, or 1-800-311-3142, or email