Reading Instruction for Struggling ReadersPage address: http://www.mnsu.edu/continuinged/readinginstruction.html
Online Professional Development Certificate
The course focus is on reading instruction for struggling readers.
The goal is to bring a variety of research-based pedagogical strategies into classroom. The course consist of six module and each module contains a variety of research-based pedagogical strategies. Each module is an individual entity. You can take all modules or individual modules.
Each module is approximately 12 clock hours. A professional development certificate can be earned by completion of the modules.
- Module 1: Reading and the Brain
- Module 2: Diagnosis, Assessment, and Planning
- Module 3: Word Identification
- Module 4: Comprehension
- Module 5: Fluency
- Module 6: Vocabulary and Spelling Instruction
- Module 7: Voluntary Reading, Instructional Approaches, and Teaching Written Expression
- Module 8: Reading Interventions: K-6
- Module 9: Action Research
The course is designed for general education teachers, reading specialists, special education teachers, and RTI specialists.
Continuing Education & Professional Development
Office Phone: 507-389-1094
Toll Free: 1-800-311-3142
General Email: email@example.com