Research-Based Reading Instruction and Interventions: Elementary LevelPage address: http://www.mnsu.edu/continuinged/readinginstruction.html/
Online Professional Development Certificate
The course focus is on reading instruction for struggling readers.
The goal is to bring a variety of research-based pedagogical strategies into classroom. The course consist of ten modules, and each module contains a variety of research-based pedagogical strategies. Each module is an individual entity. You can take all modules or individual modules.
Clock hours include (a) watching the video mini-lectures, (b) taking notes, (c) planning and implementing two strategies, (d) observing and analyzing the effectiveness of the strategies, and (e) completing the Report and Analysis Form (see below). A professional development certificate can be earned by completion of the modules.
- Module 1: Reading and the Brain (15 Clock Hours)
- Module 2: Diagnosis, Assessment, and Planning (20 Clock Hours)
- Module 3: Word Identification (15 Clock Hours)
- Module 4: Comprehension (20 Clock Hours)
- Module 5: Fluency (15 Clock Hours)
- Module 6: Vocabulary and Spelling Instruction (20 Clock Hours)
- Module 7: Voluntary Reading, Instructional Approaches, and Teaching Written Expression (20 Clock Hours)
- Module 8: Reading Interventions, Grammar, and Punctuation: K-6 (20 Clock Hours)
- Module 9: Action Research (20 Clock Hours)
- Module 10: Dyslexia (20 Clock Hours)
The course is designed for general education teachers, reading specialists, special education teachers, and RTI specialists.
Continuing & Professional Education
Office Phone: 507-389-1094
Toll Free: 1-800-311-3142
General Email: firstname.lastname@example.org