Social Work SupervisionPage address: http://www.mnsu.edu/continuinged/supervision.html
June 25th-July 9th, 2013
This workshop series will consist of four 4-hour sessions surrounding the practice of social work licensing supervision. This workshop is designed to help rural social workers meet the MN Board of Social Work's licensing supervision requirement of 30 hours of training in supervision (effective August 1, 2011).
For licensure supervisors that have completed the 30-hour social work licensure requirement a 6-hour option is being offered.
- Increase knowledge about the practice of social work licensing supervision, including model and methods of supervision and evidence-based supervision
- Increase knowledge and understanding of ethical practice and legal risk management of licensing supervision and how to effectively document the licensing supervision process
- Increase awareness of self and the use of self in the supervision process to become a multiculturally responsive supervisor
- Increase knowledge and skills for managing crises in supervision
- Increase knowledge of evaluating the supervision process
30 Hour CEU participants will meet face-to-face on Tuesday, June 25th; Thursday, June 27th, Monday July 1st, Wed July 3rd and Tues July 9th from 5:00-9:00 pm
6 Hour CEU participants will attend face-to-face class on Wednesday, June 26th 5:00-7:00 pm and Tuesday July 2nd from 5:00-9:00pm
Social Work Approved: 30 CEs, 16 face-to-face, 14 CEs independent study
Social Work Approved: 6 face-to-face CEs
Classroom Location: [PDF] MN State Mankato, Trafton North 372 (Labeled TN on map) (493 KiB)
$299 for anyone registered before June 7th (June 8th or later $349)
Includes all course material for the course for 30 CEUs
$70 for the 6 CEUs
Michelle Alvarez, MSW, EdD, LICSW has been a social work licensure supervisor since 2004 in Indiana and then in Minnesota. She is a faculty member in the Master of Social Work program at MSU, Mankato.
Registration taken on a first come first serve basis.
You will receive a confirmation e-mail following your registration
Questions: If you have questions about the training or how to register, contact the Continuing Education office at 507-389-1094, or email
For MSU events: individuals with a disability, who need reasonable accommodation to participate in this event, are asked to contact the Office of Disability Services at 507-389-2825 (V/TTD), 800-627-3529 or 711 (MRS/TTD) at least five days prior to the event.