CLEP ProceduresPage address: http://www.mnsu.edu/counseling/testing/clep.html
The CLEP Program is currently suspended.
- Registering for a CLEP exam is now a two-step process. Registering for the test is done separately from contacting the test center at which you would like to take the test.
- Testing is done at Minnesota State University, Mankato during semesters only. Please contact the Counseling Center at 507-389-1455 to determine the current semester's schedule and select your date.
- Registration for the test itself is done on-line at the College Board (CLEP) website shown below. After you have registered for the test, you will need to print out the Admission Ticket. You MUST bring the Admission Ticket with you or you will not be able to take your test.
- MSU, Mankato assesses a $30.00 non-refundable administration fee. This fee should be paid a minimum of one week in advance to secure your spot for your chosen date. Please be aware that your seat is not guaranteed until the fee is received. Checks should be made payable to Minnesota State University, Mankato and can be sent to: CLEP Coordinator, 285 Centennial Student Union, Minnesota State University, Mankato, Mankato, MN 56001. If you are local, it can also be dropped off at the Counseling Center Office in room 285 of the Student Union. This fee will also give you free parking in the visitor lot across South Road from the Centennial Student Union if needed.
- CLEP requires a fee of $80.00 per test. This fee is paid by credit card during the registration process on the CLEP website.
Contact the Registrar's Office (507-389-6266) to determine:
- Your eligibility for CLEP credits. NOTE: any prior course work in the area you test in may impact your CLEP credit eligibility.
- The number of University credits (if any) you will receive after taking the CLEP exam.
- Any limitations on the quantity of CLEP credit you may receive.
All other questions regarding the interpretation of CLEP scores and academic credit should be directed to the Registrar's Office.
For those attending a different institution, please contact your school for correct information pertaining to that institution.
- CLEP tests are internet-based tests (iBT).
- All tests are 90 minutes in length.
- Most exams are mulitple choice or fill-in questions. Some exams may contain an essay or listening portion.
- We are currently unable to offer the College Composition and College Composition Modular exams.
- All tests are administered in CSU room 12.
- An ID with photo and signature is required. Please refer to the CLEP website for acceptable forms of identification.
- There is no CLEP testing in August and December.
Please contact the Counseling Center (507) 389-1455 if you have questions regarding the administration of the CLEP exam or the Registrar's Office (507) 389-6266 for questions regarding CLEP scores and university credit.