Research and Professional Development GrantsPage address: http://www.mnsu.edu/csw/projectyear/poyresearchgrantshtml.html
Stipends of up to $500 are available to students and employees to conduct research or to attend professional development opportunities concerned with the status of women and / or gender related issues.The Commission is not able to fund equipment requests or incentives.
Grants are awarded in the fall and spring. All activities for which funds are being used must occur before June 1, 2019.
***Fall 2018 Deadline is October 9th, Tuesday at 4pm!***
• First time recipients are especially encouraged to apply.
• All faculty and staff expecting to be employed the semester following the grant period of the award are eligible to apply.
• RSO members applying for grants must complete individual applications.
• Proposals are accepted for upcoming or recent fall semester activities.
• Students must be enrolled at time that money is dispersed.
• Incomplete or late proposals will not be accepted.
• Relation of activity to the status of women and/or gender related issues.
• Extent to which the activity benefits the applicant’s professional development.
• Benefit to the MNSU community.
• Priority allocation given to applicants who received no PCSW funding in current or prior fiscal year / having access to other funding resources.
Prioritization of funding allocation is as follows:
1st: Probationary, Permanent or Externally Funded employees who had no PCSW funding in current fiscal year and prior fiscal year.
2nd: Probationary, Permanent or Externally Funded employees who had no PCSW funding in current fiscal year.
3rd: Probationary, Permanent, Externally Funded employee on payroll who received PCSW funding in current fiscal year.
4th: Fixed Term Employee
1st: Undergraduate or Graduate students who are first time recipients of PCSW Professional Development or Research Grant monies. OR
Undergraduate or Graduate students who received no Professional Development or Research Grant monies in the previous fiscal year.
2nd: Undergraduate or Graduate students who received no Professional Development or Research Grant monies in the previous semester.
If the total number of qualified applicants received does not exhaust the available funds in the final grant period of the fiscal year, additional applications will be solicited. If this additional solicitation does not produce qualified applicants to utilize all available funds, the maximum award amount will be increased so that all available funds will be expended in an amount not to exceed the total dollar amount allocated for the Professional Development and Research Grants pool.
Reporting and Budget Requirements
Please submit a 1-2 paragraph "statement of impact" with your reimbursement request so that we can better understand how these funds helped to forward your research agenda or professional development.
If awarded, all paperwork must be turned in according to the date on the award letter. Awardees will lose funding if paperwork is not completed by specified deadline.
Please note: If awarded, all paperwork must be turned in according to the date on award letter. Awardees will lose funding if paperwork is not completed by specified deadline.
For more information or to submit reports, please contact Shalinie Bandaranayaka at email@example.com