Who We Are, What We DoPage address: http://www.mnsu.edu/cultdiv/aaa/whoweare.html
The Asian American Affairs (AAA) program is here to help students and their families feel at home at Minnesota State University, Mankato. We are committed to helping our students reach their academic goals. We assist in finding answers to your questions in the application process, costs and available funding options for your college education.
Most importantly, we are here for your personal cultural comfort and in doing so we serve as an advocate for equal access, opportunity and cultural diversity at the University. We administer programs designed to celebrate Asian American cultural heritage and to share it with the rest of the university.
AAA serves as a voice to promote equal access and opportunity and cultural diversity for Asian American (AA) students at Minnesota State Mankato (MSU).
Operating under the purview of the Office of Institutional Diversity, the Asian American Affairs program works with other MSU units and departments, student organizations, businesses, communities and high schools to ensure the recruitment, retention and educational successes of AA students.
Student groups available:
Current students visit AAA center for:
- Cultural comfort
- Peer-to-peer mentoring
- Academic concerns
- Questions on funding college education
- Emergency short-term loan
- Scholarship information and research
- Student employment
- Community connection, services and volunteering
- Leadership training and development opportunities in student organizing
- Logistical supports (strategies and policies) for event planning and coordination for RSOs
- Any concerns and issues that affect their educational success
Prospective students contact/visit AAA center for:
- Campus visits
- Exploring campus cultural diversity
- Applying to MSU
- Follow-up on submitted application
- Information on admission appeal
- Scholarships and grants
- Connecting to current AA students
- AAA cultural events and programming