ApplicationPage address: http://www.mnsu.edu/emergencygrant/application.html
Minnesota State University, Mankato
Emergency Grant Program
Minnesota State University, Mankato is pleased to offer an Emergency Grant Program to current Minnesota State Mankato students.
What is an Emergency Grant?
Too often, financial emergencies spell the end of college for low-income students.
For many students, an unexpected car repair or a medical bill can mean the end of their college hopes. While typically not large expenses, they can be enough to put these students in a serious bind: stay in college or pay the bill. By quickly delivering small grants to students encountering unexpected expenses, Minnesota State University, Mankato helps more of these students stay in school and on track for degree completion.
Eligible students will:
- Be undergraduate, FAFSA- or MN Dream Act-eligible student with an Expected Family Contribution (EFC) of $8,000 or less; OR
- Be graduate, FAFSA- or MN Dream Act eligible student with with an Expected Family Contribution (EFC) of $8,000 or less; OR
- Be an International student in valid F-1/J-1 visa status (new as of April 2020); AND
- Meet with a Grant Advisor to complete an Emergency Grant Application with expense documentation; AND
- Be enrolled during the semester funds are awarded.
Students may only benefit from an emergency grant award once.
Who can apply?
Undergraduate and Graduate Students:
- Meet with a Grant Advisor (listed below) to complete an Emergency Grant Application with expense documentation AND be enrolled during the semester funds are awarded.
- Contact: Carolyn Nelson, Director of Scholarships, 507-389-5889
- In valid F-1/J-1 status and who have met with their International Student Advisor and receive a recommendation to apply.
- Contact: Jacy Fry, Director of Kearney Center for International Student Services, 507-389-5204
Contact a Grant Advisor today to get started!
Monte Brown Scholarships and Emergency Grants firstname.lastname@example.org 389-6416
Liz Steinborn-Gourley Women's Center email@example.com 389-6397
Kellian Clink Library Services firstname.lastname@example.org 389-5152
Amy Staloch Student Success email@example.com 389-1346
George Corey Upward Bound firstname.lastname@example.org 389-1212
Karen Anderson Community Engagement email@example.com 389-5783
Sarah Henderson Lee English firstname.lastname@example.org 389-1359
Sandi Schnorenberg Security email@example.com 389-6849
Shirley Murray Allied Health and Nursing firstname.lastname@example.org 389-6315
Emi Menk Student Activities/Nontraditional Students email@example.com 389-6076
Sadie Anderson CSET Assistant Director firstname.lastname@example.org 389-5498
Dave Engen Communication Studies email@example.com 389-5537
Peter Hausladen Student Success Coordinator firstname.lastname@example.org 389-1011
Nancy Sprengeler Educational Talent Search/TRIO email@example.com 389-6068
Julie Snow Accessibility Resources firstname.lastname@example.org 389-1819
Ann Swartz-Beckius OASIS Director of Retention email@example.com 389-1028
Ben Thao OASIS - Diversity and Inclusion firstname.lastname@example.org 389-2674
Rosalin Cobb OASIS - Diversity and Inclusion email@example.com 389-1175
Pakou Lee OASIS - Diversity and Inclusion firstname.lastname@example.org 389-1032
Pat Lienemann Library Services email@example.com 389-1292
Greg Wilkins Student Activities Gregory.firstname.lastname@example.org 389-6076
Kenneth Reid African American and Mulicultural Affairs email@example.com 389-6207
John Bulcock Greek Life/Off Campus Housing firstname.lastname@example.org 389-5005
Tracy Stokes-Hernandez Student Relations Coordinator email@example.com 389-1215
Kasi Johnson College of Nursing firstname.lastname@example.org 389-6810
Lindsay Smith Academic Advisor- Arts and Humanities email@example.com 389-1712
Beth Teigen Student Support Services firstname.lastname@example.org 389-2797
David Gardner LGBT Center email@example.com 389-1535
Mike Altomari Concurrent Enrollment firstname.lastname@example.org 389-5119
Amy Roisum Foley Director of Bands email@example.com 389-2795
Amber Enz MSSA firstname.lastname@example.org 389-2611
Megan Huetmaker American Indian Affairs Director email@example.com 389-5230
Karey Kalakain Intercollegiate Athletics firstname.lastname@example.org 389-1969
Tim Adams Military & Veteran Success email@example.com
Dawn Armfield English firstname.lastname@example.org 389-5511
Jodie Ward Social & Behavioral Science email@example.com
Questions? Contact: Carolyn Nelson, Director of Scholarships, firstname.lastname@example.org, 507-389-5889